For All Mankind

Started by GDS_Starfury, January 12, 2024, 09:41:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GDS_Starfury

how has this awesome show not gotten it's own thread yet?
jfc 4 seasons of space awesomeness!
Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.

W8taminute

You got me intrigued.  Will look this up later. 
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

GDS_Starfury

alternate history of the space race on Apple tv and its fucking platinum!

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gusington

I've seen a few trailers for it...what is the main hook? Like Soviet dominance or something similar?

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

GDS_Starfury

the hook is that the space race didnt stop at Apollo.

SirAndrewD

One of the best sci-fi shows on TV, I agree.

A more detailed explanation of the premise, The Soviets beat the Americans to the moon so to one up them, NASA becomes a heavily funded and supported program with way bigger goals than just planting a flag on the moon and then calling it a day.
"These men do not want a happy ship. They are deeply sick and try to compensate by making me feel miserable. Last week was my birthday. Nobody even said "happy birthday" to me. Someday this tape will be played and then they'll feel sorry."  - Sgt. Pinback

SirAndrewD

Oh, and it's made by Ron Moore of Star Trek TNG/DS9 and Battlestar Galactica fame.
"These men do not want a happy ship. They are deeply sick and try to compensate by making me feel miserable. Last week was my birthday. Nobody even said "happy birthday" to me. Someday this tape will be played and then they'll feel sorry."  - Sgt. Pinback

Gusington

Sounds awesome. Limited series or will there be multiple seasons?

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

SirAndrewD

Quote from: Gusington on January 13, 2024, 04:26:11 PMSounds awesome. Limited series or will there be multiple seasons?

It's in its fourth and final season right now.  I'm behind so watch spoilers!

Each season follows a decade of history starting in '69.

Gusington

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

GDS_Starfury

the 4th season is not the final season.   :evil:

GDS_Starfury

and the what if element isnt limited to just the space race.  they move around and change historical events like the Pope being shot and killed but John Lennon living.  may not sound like much but it does produce ripples.

SirAndrewD

Quote from: GDS_Starfury on January 13, 2024, 06:34:58 PMthe 4th season is not the final season.   :evil:

Oh no?  Cool, I knew they'd announced it had a planned ending so I thought this was it.  Excellent.

GDS_Starfury

QuoteBack in November 2023, series co-creator Matt Wolpert told Den of Geek that there are still plans for seven seasons in total — "That's our goal" — and that same month, co-creator Ronald D Moore confirmed to Collider that there have already been talks about developing a fifth season.

I don't think is a spoiler but season 4 ends in 2012.

SirAndrewD

Quote from: GDS_Starfury on January 13, 2024, 10:01:52 PM
QuoteBack in November 2023, series co-creator Matt Wolpert told Den of Geek that there are still plans for seven seasons in total — "That's our goal" — and that same month, co-creator Ronald D Moore confirmed to Collider that there have already been talks about developing a fifth season.

I don't think is a spoiler but season 4 ends in 2012.

That's great news.

I love series that have a solidly planned beginning middle and end.  The Prisoner, Babylon 5, Breaking Bad/Better Call Saul and Expanse come to mind.