Steel Beasts 3.0 Now Available!

Started by trek, September 20, 2013, 07:18:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

trek

For any of you treadheads on this forum: The new Steel Beasts 3.0 Upgrade is available for purchase and download on the SB site. Happy Hunting!

Grim.Reaper

wow....thanks for the heads up...been waiting for this before getting serious into the game about a couple of months ago.

Grim.Reaper

Made my purchase, now to download all the files......

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: Grim.Reaper on September 20, 2013, 07:30:58 PM

Download is slow as can be......I might be playing it by this time tomorrow:(

Nefaro

Don't you have to wait for your glorious DRM usb dongle to show up before you can even play it?

(Glory to Arzstotzka)

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: Nefaro on September 20, 2013, 09:03:18 PM

Don't you have to wait for your glorious DRM usb dongle to show up before you can even play it?

(Glory to Arzstotzka)

Nope, was an upgrade, already had the glorious DRM dongle...the license just gets updated on it.

crusty1

Also you can now play by purchasing a time limited licence, no dongle needed for that option.

http://www.esimgames.com/?page_id=1361

and here's the link for the 3.002 download.

http://www.esimgames.com/?page_id=1390

Yskonyn

Work is getting in the way! I have been looking at the official site, forums and release notes on my Phone for two days now in anticipation!
Now that the software is actually released I cannot wait to check it out; alas I need to work a monster shift today. Be home at 4 am, quick sleep and then off to a birthday.
I guess no tanking anytime soon for me... :(
"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."

Grim.Reaper

I am so bummed out....got my downloads all completed last night, but now can't license the software....seems like potential issue with the licensing server.  Luckily I am not alone in the issue, but very frustrating that their seems very little they can do about it, especially over the weekend.

And no this is not a thread ranting about DRM, well, maybe a little bit:)

JudgeDredd

Is that time limited licence "on it's own"? Or is that on top of the $115? If it's on it's own, $10 for a month to see if it's something I would like is a bargain...if it's on top of the $115 then it should be in my DRM thread along with other ridiculous implementations.
Alba gu' brath

JudgeDredd

Quote from: Grim.Reaper on September 21, 2013, 05:17:45 AM
I am so bummed out....got my downloads all completed last night, but now can't license the software....seems like potential issue with the licensing server.  Luckily I am not alone in the issue, but very frustrating that their seems very little they can do about it, especially over the weekend.

And no this is not a thread ranting about DRM, well, maybe a little bit:)
^actually - seems like it should just go in my thread  ;D
Alba gu' brath

Grim.Reaper

Mine is a full license.....if it proves to be drm related versus just a bad license, I will graduate it to your official thread:)

Right now I just want to play my game!   :)

crusty1

Quote from: JudgeDredd on September 21, 2013, 05:20:24 AM
Is that time limited licence "on it's own"? Or is that on top of the $115? If it's on it's own, $10 for a month to see if it's something I would like is a bargain...if it's on top of the $115 then it should be in my DRM thread along with other ridiculous implementations.

Hi Judge, that's $10 a month NOT as well as the $115, what you said there is exactly the idea behind the time limited license, spend $10, have a look see, if you don't like it
you've lost no more than taking a gamble on a $10 game in a shop, if you like it then you have options.

JudgeDredd

Thx Crusty1

That is good news at least...though the licence thingy seems a pain...given what I've gone through lately.

$10 though for a month's access seems very reasonable...I definitely didn't want to pay $115 for a game I might not even continue. $10 to try sounds pretty fair to me.
Alba gu' brath