Resistance is futile! Friday has arrived!

Started by MetalDog, November 01, 2013, 06:07:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Huw the Poo

Father-in-law and his lady are visiting this weekend so I dunno how much gaming I'll get in, but...

Quote from: bbmike on November 01, 2013, 06:59:02 AM
Hopefully I will get a chance to try Fallen Enchantress for the first time since the big patch.

...this sounds like a great idea, if I get a chance. 8)

Silent Disapproval Robot

Working night shifts this weekend.  I'm hoping for a quiet set so I can fiddle around with CMANO a bit but it looks like it might be busy. 

undercovergeek

Quote from: Huw the Poo on November 01, 2013, 02:11:25 PM
Father-in-law and his lady are visiting this weekend so I dunno how much gaming I'll get in, but...

Hopefully I will get a chance to try Fallen Enchantress for the first time since the big patch.

I'm wavering on this

vyshka

Quote from: MetalDog on November 01, 2013, 06:07:59 AM
November starts two months of a brutal work schedule for me, so Friday is a welcome sight.  It means they can only torture me for one more day (except for next week when I have to work Saturday, too).  Once the day is done, it will be the usual of Civ IV BTS MP and Sunday will be Ender's Game with my best girl.

Here's hoping November and December aren't too bad for you.

I will most likely be spending my time trying to gut people with the Spetsnaz machete in Battlefield 4 or playing Flashpoint Campaigns.

W8taminute

"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

Wolfe1759

A belated Halloween with Fallen Enchantress : Legendary Heroes - The Dead World some Dracula 2 - The Last Sanctuary and probably some I Have No Mouth, and I Must Scream
"In War: Resolution. In Defeat: Defiance. In Victory: Magnanimity. In Peace: Goodwill." - Winston Churchill

Rizik6

I plan on starting my first campaign with Flashpoint. Also, Tunisia '43 and probably begin a new Civ 5 game.

MetalDog

And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

bbmike

Quote from: undercovergeek on November 01, 2013, 02:41:16 PM
Quote from: Huw the Poo on November 01, 2013, 02:11:25 PM

I'm wavering on this
I can't help myself. It's Martok's fault!  ;D
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

Bison

I'm not feeling any game really calling out to me to play.  I've hit a gaming rut and nothing and I mean nothing lasts longer than bringing up the game menu before I exit the game.  I might just watch a movie or search for the end of the internet.

Gusington

Well the second part is easy...this is the end of the internet.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Bison

Are you kidding me?  I've just starting watch youtube videos on the Yellowstone super volcano!

I'm moving onto Ancient Aliens and some other highly informative videos next!

MetalDog

Quote from: vyshka on November 01, 2013, 02:52:10 PM
Quote from: MetalDog on November 01, 2013, 06:07:59 AM
November starts two months of a brutal work schedule for me, so Friday is a welcome sight.  It means they can only torture me for one more day (except for next week when I have to work Saturday, too).  Once the day is done, it will be the usual of Civ IV BTS MP and Sunday will be Ender's Game with my best girl.

Here's hoping November and December aren't too bad for you.

I will most likely be spending my time trying to gut people with the Spetsnaz machete in Battlefield 4 or playing Flashpoint Campaigns.

Thanks for the good wishes.  I have 18 days to do twenty days worth of work  Plus, any new work that comes into my area.  Putting one foot in front of the other until the four day Thanksgiving holiday.
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

JasonPratt

I can't say I'm starting a new Finish thread (no doubt that'll be January), but I can say that after 27 hours I finally finished the new Tomb Raider reboot, which I fondly call Tomb Raider: The Harrowing or Tomb Raider: I Spit On Your Grave or perhaps Tomb Raider: Prepare To Die Edition.

I realize the Crystal Dynamics team (who designed the previous modern TR trilogy, without finishing the sequel promised by Underworld if I recall correctly) worked really really really really hard on this game, and it shows, but it's also brutally grimdark as all hell. Which wouldn't be so bad except (1) this is supposed to be Tomb Raider, and (2) I could also call it Lara Croft and the Numerous Epic Failures of Lara Croft.  :P

Still I finished it, and promptly deleted it from my HD.

Perusing what to play next... thinking about restarting a Great Invasions campaign...
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!