Sins of a Solar Empire: Stella Phenomena DLC

Started by RooksBailey, November 06, 2013, 04:14:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RooksBailey

Wow, I didn't hear about this in the pipeline.  Truth is, I thought Sins had finally reached the end of its development cycle seeing how the game went quiet after the last release.  Glad to see some new stuff is still coming out as I expect it is going to be quite a while before we see a Sins 2. 

Anyhoo....

Sins of a Solar EmpireĀ®: Rebellion - Stellar Phenomena DLC

QuoteThe ever-expanding conflicts within and between the TEC, Vasari, and Advent have pushed the battlegrounds into uncharted space. The sectors now being drawn into the war feature the most dangerous and powerful natural phenomena in the galaxy.

Exploit what resources remain in these dangerous sectors while you can. The uncharted depths of space hold threats beyond any natural phenomenon, and not all of them wait to be explored.

Key Features

New stars: Skirt the boundary of a deadly black hole, avoid the deadly radiation of a spinning pulsar, and survive the crushing gravity of an impossibly dense neutron star.

Six new deep space anomalies: Mine the riches in the wreckage of a devastating fleet battle or recharge at an inexplicable fountain of antimatter tearing apart the fabric of space-time. Each anomaly's all-new gameplay effect adds variety and strategic opportunities to every map.

11 dramatic random events: The fate of not just your empire but the galaxy at large will change in a heartbeat with Stellar Phenomena's random events enabled. Stars launch volatile gases that shut down orbital operations, mobile storms wreak havoc across the solar system, and conquered factions sense your weakness and seek to reclaim their worlds.

This sounds pretty darn good, too!  If there are no bug reports on the forum, my $5 will be gone by tonight!  ;D

"As I understand from your communication, Mr. Engle, you're on the brink of self-destruction. May I shake your hand? A brilliant idea! I speak as one who has destroyed himself a score of times.  I am, Mr. Engle, a veteran corpse. We are all corpses here! This rendezvous is one of the musical graveyards of the town. Caters to zombies hopping around with dead hearts and price tags for souls." - Angels Over Broadway

Pocus

Do you know if the guy who did the super awesome Star Wars mod is still updating his project? I lost track of his website, but this was very good some 2 years ago.

Jarhead0331

I dunno...this DLC strikes me as a bit light. No new ships or techs?
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Nefaro

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on November 08, 2013, 10:25:43 AM
I dunno...this DLC strikes me as a bit light. No new ships or techs?

I'm thinking what JH is thinking.

mikeck

Yeah...so i get new stars huh? Wow
I'll stick with Nexis and the combat creator
"A government large enough to give you everything you want is strong enough to take everything you have."--Thomas Jefferson

RooksBailey

"As I understand from your communication, Mr. Engle, you're on the brink of self-destruction. May I shake your hand? A brilliant idea! I speak as one who has destroyed himself a score of times.  I am, Mr. Engle, a veteran corpse. We are all corpses here! This rendezvous is one of the musical graveyards of the town. Caters to zombies hopping around with dead hearts and price tags for souls." - Angels Over Broadway

Ubercat

"If you have always believed that everyone should play by the same rules and be judged by the same standards, that would have gotten you labelled a radical 50 years ago, a liberal 25 years ago, and a racist today."

- Thomas Sowell