Multiplayer: Not ok to be ok?

Started by republic, November 11, 2013, 07:13:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FlickJax

Toonces

I've found Red Orchestra 2/Rising Storm has a bit less of the rif-raff than other multiplayer games.

Also, if you wanted to do strictly Grogs, War of the Roses or Chivalry would be fun games.  I can't recommend either of those to play with random people, though, unless you have a high tolerance for buffoonery.
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

undercovergeek

Quote from: Toonces on November 11, 2013, 01:34:45 PM
I've found Red Orchestra 2/Rising Storm has a bit less of the rif-raff than other multiplayer games.

Also, if you wanted to do strictly Grogs, War of the Roses or Chivalry would be fun games.  I can't recommend either of those to play with random people, though, unless you have a high tolerance for buffoonery.

I think all of us on the same server armed with swords and morning stars has a pretty high buffoonery potential

Gusington

We are the riff-raff of buffoonery. Or vice versa. I forget.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

republic

Arma III or Red Orchestra 2/Rising Sun

Though I'll play whatever ends up being the consensus.  The only series I really don't care for is Call of Duty, but I'd play whatever just to have some good folks to play with.

Kushan

Quote from: Gusington on November 11, 2013, 02:19:39 PM
We are the riff-raff of buffoonery. Or vice versa. I forget.

Can we be both at the same time?

Chose BF4 only because my record for survival in ArmA II/III is counted in seconds instead of minutes or hours.
PanzersEast: Have to think to myself.... will I play the first one by the Winter Sale?  Probably not, then I should remove Dragonfall
PanzersEast: but that is thinking too logically.... and Steam Sales are about ignoring Logic

---
Twitch Channel
YouTube Channel
Twitter - @KushanGaming
Discord Chat
Command Northern Inferno Let's Play

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Nefaro

Quote from: Toonces on November 11, 2013, 01:34:45 PM

I would probably vote Rising Storm but I think we'd need quite a few more people than we have.  Aren't the typical server pops around forty or fifty?  I suppose leaving it as an open public server is the idea, though, right?

Otherwise I voted ARMA II even though I've got the whole collection and never fired it up.  It may well give me motion sickness as some other first-person shooters do  :( (RO2/Rising Storm does not).

-budd-

I voted TF2. I kinda miss the late night team fragging sessions. I started with Quake[on dialup, hard to play well with a 500 ping] moved to   TFC and played that for years on a few fun and well run servers where teamwork actually happened. Did the clan thing a couple of times but that just seemed to serious. If  I had to chose another game I'd say DOD:S , played the original for a few years and had fun with the WW2 team setting. I used to play some COD with the kids but who the hell can play with a gamepad when your a mouse guy :D besides i like to play where there's teamwork envolved and i never saw any playing COD with the kids.
Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must.  ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Be Yourself; Everyone Else is Taken ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.

Staggerwing

I voted ARMA2 because my box won't play ARMA3 and the only other game besides 'Other' that I've played is L4D2.
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

Bison

Server prices are based primarily on two factors.  The number of player slots and the game.  A voice client adds an additional cost.  We talked about this at some length last summer, but I think in the end there are a lot of guys who would like to play but the coordination across time zones, dates, and limiting it to one game proved nigh impossible.  It's why steam server based games have worked well for different groups in the past.  Namely CIV V, Warlock, and L4D2 groups that were meeting fairly regularly for awhile.

GDS_Starfury

Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.

republic

I went with Natural Selection 2.  Such a fantastic combo of strategy vs FPS fun.

WYBaugh

I picked up BF4 and I must have the uni with the huge bullseye since all I do is die.  I will find myself amassing points from capturing flags but will end up with 3 kills and 20 deaths.  I'm the new class...pacifist!

Not sure if it's my age, lack of upgrades compared to others or just out and out sucking but it does get very frustrating.  I've enjoyed playing for the most part but I need to find a way to improve my game.