Multiplayer: Not ok to be ok?

Started by republic, November 11, 2013, 07:13:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bison

Honestly my favorite PvP game to this day remains Day of Defeat.

-budd-

Quote from: Bison on November 11, 2013, 08:45:44 PM

The original or source? I haven't played the source version but played alot of the original.

The thing with some of these newer games are the maps are so big the action isn't contained enough and you need alot of players to make it fun [at least thats what it looks like, only played a little of battlefield, not the new one] Playing DOD i always had good games with as little as 12 players and working as a team was easier and the maps weren't super large so you were always near the action.
Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must.  ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Be Yourself; Everyone Else is Taken ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.

Bison

Quote from: -budd- on November 11, 2013, 08:54:48 PM
Quote from: Bison on November 11, 2013, 08:45:44 PM

The original or source? I haven't played the source version but played alot of the original.

The thing with some of these newer games are the maps are so big the action isn't contained enough and you need alot of players to make it fun [at least thats what it looks like, only played a little of battlefield, not the new one] Playing DOD i always had good games with as little as 12 players and working as a team was easier and the maps weren't super large so you were always near the action.

Source.  The map size is one of the things I really like about Day of Defeat.  They are manageable to learn and even though you know them; you can still surprise the enemy and more easily coordinate attacks with a random group of players.

-budd-

Agreed, I have the original but maybe ill pick up the source version and get back into it. I'll drop ya a line if i do.
Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must.  ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Be Yourself; Everyone Else is Taken ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.