Aliens: Colonial Marines

Started by Jarhead0331, January 27, 2012, 09:35:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MikeGER

Jarhead, is the MP as much fun as COD4 was in the good'ol day's 8) on the WG server once?

I ve read: one multiplayer mode, which resembles some gameplay like L4D to bring the best ACM gaming experience, because the aliens are played by humans, which make them cunning and use tactics
but this is reported to get negative affected by the fact that the aliens can only gain experience from MP game ... while they will facing Marines in the MP level, who are already maxed-out with toys they have gained from the SP campaign.
so a noobish alien-player in MP is an 'easy kill' and not so much fun to impersonate until he took the burden to be cannon fodder until he levels up his alien-avatar enuf to stand a chance ?

how does it feel when you play an alien (in 3d person view only), how good are they to control (floor to wall to roof transit)

how is your personal MP experience?

i am reeeeeally on the fence! ... i am almost about to watch Aliens from my Alien Quadrology DvD Box to get in the mood ...  but i am shying away because then i maybe can not hold it any longer ;) and press the impulse buy button at Steam  ;D     

btw:  i found this... comparison of gameplay-demo (press) and final version PC
http://www.youtube.com/watch?annotation_id=annotation_588812&feature=iv&src_vid=3z2qVebxlUo&v=6lGXDM3LGnk

why dont they just release a highres-patch / pack for the PC version and everybody can try if he get's a massive frame rate-drop problems or not on his own rig       

Jarhead0331

Quote from: undercovergeek on February 14, 2013, 12:37:19 PM

Still, were all friends and I'm off round to jarheads for a game of twister and some punch

I'm not quite sure what you're trying to say here, but it sounds to me that you want to come over to my house and play a game of twister and get drunk.  You're starting to make me nervous.  :o
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Gusington

Party at JH's! BYOG.

And Boyer don't be a stranger. Or any stranger than you usually are.

I played the first Dead Space and loved it. Did not play the second, which is much more of a shooter than the first.

And of course Dead Space 3 just came out, and the reviews I have seen have been very positive.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Jarhead0331

Its okay...Boyer is too busy taking glamor shots of himself and posting them on facebook.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

Gusington

Another reason for me to stay far away from FB.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

bboyer66

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on February 14, 2013, 02:20:43 PM
Its okay...Boyer is too busy taking glamor shots of himself and posting them on facebook.

Thank God. At least someone realized they were glamor shots.

bboyer66

Quote from: Gusington on February 14, 2013, 02:04:27 PM
Party at JH's! BYOG.

And Boyer don't be a stranger. Or any stranger than you usually are.

I played the first Dead Space and loved it. Did not play the second, which is much more of a shooter than the first.

And of course Dead Space 3 just came out, and the reviews I have seen have been very positive.

Aint a rats chance in Hell of me playing drunken twister with you, geek, and Jarhead.

Gusington

Don't knock it til you tried it baby.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Jarhead0331

Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

undercovergeek

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on February 14, 2013, 01:46:06 PM
Quote from: undercovergeek on February 14, 2013, 12:37:19 PM

Still, were all friends and I'm off round to jarheads for a game of twister and some punch

I'm not quite sure what you're trying to say here, but it sounds to me that you want to come over to my house and play a game of twister and get drunk.  You're starting to make me nervous.  :o

Best thing about arguing is the making up again

Gusington

And that's a wrap. Good show fellers.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Nefaro

Quote from: JudgeDredd on February 14, 2013, 12:15:09 PM
Well I for one like (need) to read what other people have found on the web here.

I don't really look around much...only here, Matrix very, very occasionally, wargamer occasionaly and SimHQ.

So I need people to regurgitate what they've read on the interwebs to save me money.

Thx UCG.

Agreed.  It does save time, keeping up on our hobby, by having just a handful of informative forums to frequent.  And, I suppose, time is money - right?

I'm always a bit shocked when I see someone telling another to shaddap with their opinion, and notably a mod, in our little hobbyist corner of the web, but it should be expected when such emotional attachment or aversion comes into play.   :-\

Jarhead0331

Quote from: Nefaro on February 14, 2013, 07:13:24 PM
Quote from: JudgeDredd on February 14, 2013, 12:15:09 PM
Well I for one like (need) to read what other people have found on the web here.

I don't really look around much...only here, Matrix very, very occasionally, wargamer occasionaly and SimHQ.

So I need people to regurgitate what they've read on the interwebs to save me money.

Thx UCG.
"
Agreed.  It does save time, keeping up on our hobby, by having just a handful of informative forums to frequent.  And, I suppose, time is money - right?

I'm always a bit shocked when I see someone telling another to shaddap with their opinion, and notably a mod, in our little hobbyist corner of the web, but it should be expected when such emotional attachment or aversion comes into play.   :-\

Nefaro...please point to a single instance in this thread where I told anyone to "shut up." If you actually bend over and use your good eye, you'll find several instances where I said the exact opposite. For you to come in to the thread, now, after the issue has been laid to rest is really curious. You've probably just been waiting for the opportunity since you came here from the other site. 

By the way, I'm not just a mod here...I'm a part owner, so I guess I can pretty much say whatever I want...your opinion is duly noted though. Constructive, as usual.  ::)
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

Jarhead0331

Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

Silent Disapproval Robot

I thought this vid was pretty interesting.  Wonder if they were forced to cut features to make it run on consoles?

www.youtube.com/watch?v=3z2qVebxlUo&feature=youtu.be