Question for Jomni, PanzersEast or other Flight Simmers

Started by Tuna, August 22, 2013, 09:06:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JudgeDredd

I'm guessing not as I didn't know about them. Where are they? I've checked all panels for clickables and don't recall seeing anything that said fuel levers (unless you mean the throttle - in which case I've tried it set to idle and about 50%)
Alba gu' brath

Yskonyn

It's been a while and I can't recall wether the stock Lear has them.
But its common on aircraft to have some kind of fuel switch / level near the throttle (usually below them).
Have you checked the throttle panel?
"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."

JudgeDredd

There are no other switches that seem to do anything.
I'm lost and just about to give up on the Lear...I can't even find anything online to help and nothing in game
Alba gu' brath

Yskonyn

Aren't there extensive 'Flight School' entries in the game for the Learjet?
I do recall there have to be fuel cutoff switches. Perhaps browse the help file?

I can't really look alongside you, because I do not have the sim installed anymore.

One thing I do remember now though, is that if you're using a joystick to fly, check the axis assignments. It might be that one of your axis is assigned to mixture. The Learjet doesn't have a mixture in real life, but the game seems to be using it for fuel cutoff state in the Lear.
"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."

JudgeDredd

I can't see anything detailed relating to starting the Lear. There's other stuff there - but nothing about the thing I'm having a problem with.

I only fired it up and went on the Lear because bloody Toonces mentioned the damn thing. Up until then I was pretty happy in my Cessna - now I have a bee in my bonnet and need to get this thing going or I'll NEVER go back to the Cessna!

There's a check list - but I go through it (afaik properly) and the engines sound like they're spooling up - then they start spooling down - but the rpm stays at 8.3. Never more never less.

I'll delve deeper - I've got to get this sorted or I'm stuck forever!
Alba gu' brath

JudgeDredd

Got it!

CTRL-SHIFT-F4 switches fuel on. Well I'll be. In a "clickable" cockpit where you find all sorts of buttons to click to perform operations - who'd have thought you'd have to resort to keys for such a major operation!?

There are Ful Pump buttons - but apart from going on and off, they did nothing!

Thanks for your patience Yskonyn  ;D
Alba gu' brath

jomni

Quote from: JudgeDredd on August 26, 2013, 05:29:09 AM
Got it!

CTRL-SHIFT-F4 switches fuel on. Well I'll be. In a "clickable" cockpit where you find all sorts of buttons to click to perform operations - who'd have thought you'd have to resort to keys for such a major operation!?

There are Ful Pump buttons - but apart from going on and off, they did nothing!

Thanks for your patience Yskonyn  ;D

The default Lear is not a full simulation so some stuff are not modeled (like the starter button) and other switches do nothing.

JudgeDredd

Another question - relating to addons.

Is there some ATC software to plug into FSX? I am so pissed off being told to turn left heading 150 only to be told to turn right 180 and back again - continuously. Same with altitude!!

Ta

I could get used to the Lear stuff in Hauler - the Cessna was so slow. I really wanted to start out at the bottom and work up - but it's so much like hard work and too long and slow...but maybe I still will.
Alba gu' brath

bob48

Check to see if the prop pitch setting are are auto or manual (I assume its a prop engine?).
'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

JudgeDredd

The Lear is a jet - but it's all sorted now bobski thx
Alba gu' brath

bob48

Good stuff JD - I'm not into these new-fangled jet thingies yet  ;)

'Clip those corners'

Staggerwing

Quote from: bob48 on August 26, 2013, 08:02:46 AM
Good stuff JD - I'm not into these new-fangled jet thingies yet  ;)

No kidding, huh! I had a hard enough time getting past the whole 'How can it fly with just one set of wings? thing.
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

bob48

^LOL - I know that feeling - it ain't natural - only one set of wings. No good will come of it, just mark my words!

'Clip those corners'

Yskonyn

Quote from: JudgeDredd on August 26, 2013, 07:15:05 AM

Is there some ATC software to plug into FSX?

As I have linked above, I foud Radar Contact v4 a good solution. It does require some work on your side, because it's not an overhaul of the ATC system in the sense that you can just load FSX and fly with the new ATC.
Instead it parses your flightplan and then creates an ATC environment for it. So you need to prepare your flight inside Radar Contact before loading FSX.

http://www.jdtllc.com/

jomni

Quote from: JudgeDredd on August 26, 2013, 07:15:05 AM
Another question - relating to addons.

Is there some ATC software to plug into FSX? I am so pissed off being told to turn left heading 150 only to be told to turn right 180 and back again - continuously. Same with altitude!!

Ta

I could get used to the Lear stuff in Hauler - the Cessna was so slow. I really wanted to start out at the bottom and work up - but it's so much like hard work and too long and slow...but maybe I still will.

The lear is a great money maker when starting out. :)