Grand Tactician, American Civil War

Started by Phantom, May 04, 2018, 01:42:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gusington

Achilles - yep. It may be a geographic thing. Maybe not available wherever you are.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: Gusington on December 13, 2022, 07:37:01 AM
Achilles - yep. It may be a geographic thing. Maybe not available wherever you are.

I am in USA and in Ohio, I don't see it either.  Do you have a direct link to the purchase page?  I forget which game in the past, but I had an issue where using GMG site search I couldn't find it, but somehow got a direct link which I could.  It was weird.  I already own the game so this is more out of curiosity as to why shows for some:)

JasonPratt

ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

steve58

I'm pretty sure I saw it on GMG yesterday as well.  Today, poof.  Just poking around on the GMG site, I see some of the game deals have a countdown timer and some seem to have limited keys.  Odd...

Government is not the solution to our problem—government is the problem.   Ronald Reagan
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell  The truth is quiet...It's the lies that are loud.   Jesus Revolution
If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you're probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: steve58 on December 13, 2022, 09:29:11 AM
I'm pretty sure I saw it on GMG yesterday as well.  Today, poof.  Just poking around on the GMG site, I see some of the game deals have a countdown timer and some seem to have limited keys.  Odd...

Maybe....they might have had a limited amount of licenses.  But weird, in the past when they ran out of stuff, the item would stay and just say out of stock.  Mystery.....

Gusington

Sorry at the office today so I can't get a link right now. I'll try later at home.

YOU GOTTA BELIEVE ME!!

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Pete Dero

Quote from: Gusington on December 13, 2022, 10:16:26 AM
Sorry at the office today so I can't get a link right now. I'll try later at home.

YOU GOTTA BELIEVE ME!!

But I can't find it either #:-).

Gusington

I do have access to the receipt and it was indeed from Green Man, 31.99US.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

AchillesLastStand

Very strange, i have bought a bunch of games on GMG and have never seen Grand Tactician listed. Will just get it on Steam as the price difference is nil. How is the learning curve for this? Noticed it had an extensive manual.

SirAndrewD

FYI the first DLC for this has been announced, Whiskey and Lemons. 

Looks to be a deep dive into the Valley Campaign based on the name and description.  An entirely new Eastern Theater focus map with Regimental level command. 

Should be interesting.
"These men do not want a happy ship. They are deeply sick and try to compensate by making me feel miserable. Last week was my birthday. Nobody even said "happy birthday" to me. Someday this tape will be played and then they'll feel sorry."  - Sgt. Pinback

Sir Slash

Indeed. Thanks for the head's-up Sir Andrew.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Father Ted

Skoop

It will be a complete separate game for a Napoleonic version which would be great too.  Getting this game in a steam sale is a no brainer if you haven't already.

You know what would be interesting with this engine, a Mexican War dlc, but that might be treading on separate game territory as well.

WallysWorld

How is this game now? I've been following it for a long time, but haven't bought it yet. I like to read the gamer reviews, but some are praising the game while others say it has problems.
"I used to be with it, but then they changed what *it* was. Now what I'm with isn't *it* and what *it* is seems weird and scary to me." - Abraham Simpson

Tripoli

Quote from: WallysWorld on July 05, 2023, 04:24:08 PMHow is this game now? I've been following it for a long time, but haven't bought it yet. I like to read the gamer reviews, but some are praising the game while others say it has problems.
I like it.  Check out VTH gaming site on Youtube https://www.youtube.com/@TheHistoryGuy/playlists.  He has done a lot of Grand Tactician.  I think his most recent campaign as the Union is here: https://youtu.be/3UZ9zRYl_eU?list=PLgYUpdX_kl3dHjKDQan2MDYioAh9knU8Q
"Do I not destroy my enemies when I make them my friends?" -Abraham Lincoln