Recent Posts

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10
Books & Reading / Re: Grogheads Public Library?
« Last post by Dammit Carl! on Today at 06:01:00 PM »
Willing to hit up a nearby antique store where I'm sorta sure there are more than a few, nice hardback books detailing Naval stuff still there. Be glad to donate them to the Grog Book Nook.
Computer Gaming / Re: Battletech is back!!!
« Last post by Geezer on Today at 05:45:55 PM »
Tried playing a mission tonight.  The enemy had two lances and every time one of their mechs was deciding what to do the game sat there for at least 30 seconds with nothing happening.  I quit part way through and plan to uninstall the mod.  Trouble is it's not in my list of programs to uninstall.  I also read where some people could not play vanilla after uninstalling it due to being unable to save the game.  Makes me wish I had never installed the mod in the first place.   >:(
Computer Gaming / Re: Share your Screenshots!
« Last post by Gusington on Today at 05:15:43 PM »
I just reinstalled Phasmaphobia...does the new mode use voice recognition or similar?
Computer Gaming / Re: VICTORIA III Announced!!!
« Last post by al_infierno on Today at 04:45:37 PM »
"I'm a bit worried that they're going to try to sanitize much of the history in order to appeal to present day morality and avoid controversy now that they're publicly traded."

This exactly!

The newest dev diary has my hopes up that this won't be the case.  It looks like the game will include a detailed and historically authentic slavery system.

"Through our Pop system we are trying to represent every individual human on the planet from 1836," wrote Anward, "so what statement would we be making if we simply wrote all enslaved individuals out of history, or reduced them into an abstract set of modifiers?"

I like how, in addition to pops, this game looks to be including characters similar to the Crusader Kings series.  Screenie below taken from the PCG article.

https://www.pcgamer.com/victoria-3-devs-on-handling-slavery-in-a-historical-strategy-game/
Computer Gaming / Re: Share your Screenshots!
« Last post by al_infierno on Today at 04:32:33 PM »
Speaking of horror games, Phasmophobia just added a proper single-player offline mode.  Now's the time to check it out and get spooked!
Books & Reading / Re: Grogheads Public Library?
« Last post by al_infierno on Today at 03:25:06 PM »
I really like this idea, especially because local used bookstores tend not to buy niche military history stuff.  I have a pile of Beevor books I'm unlikely to get around to that I'd love to see get a proper home.
Computer Gaming / Re: Burden of Command Announced
« Last post by lhughes42 on Today at 02:05:15 PM »
LOL. I grok.
And thanks 8-) We're pretty happy right now. Took a lot of iterations to get there and subtle sound design issues but feedback from playtesters has been encouraging.
  Luke
Computer Gaming / Re: The Groginati Sales Thread
« Last post by Gusington on Today at 01:40:45 PM »
HighFleet on sale @ Steam for 23.99 right now.
Computer Gaming / Re: A Total War Saga: TROY - Any Thoughts?
« Last post by Gusington on Today at 01:00:01 PM »
I own it on Steam because the myths and legendary units they brought in interested me, and I also know next to nothing about that period of history. Haven't fired it up yet but will be 'soon-ish.'
Computer Gaming / Re: Enlisted: War Thunder with an infantry POV
« Last post by MengJiao on Today at 12:28:29 PM »
I really wanna try the new Tunisia map.  Looks like the battle flow is quite different from the Moscow, D-Day, and Berlin maps.

There's three maps so far: Al Har (big village, pretty cool)  The Gorge (odd, supposedly there will be speed boats?) and Something jabbar (like Al Har but with more walled farms and fields and hills -- haven't played it much except I recall one defense being pretty epic at one of the walled farms).  I'm glad to have escaped the monastery in Moscow...very tired of that place.  I've only played Moscow and Tunisia so I can't say how different the flow is.  The Enfield has always been one of my favorites in all these games so I'm glad to have that with a big bayonet.

This doesn't say much for the flow, but here is a non-motorcycle squad almost in action.  Motorcycles got reclassified as "Infantry vehicles" (like buses or jeeps or Kublewagons) rather than "Vehicles" (like tanks or armored cars or airplanes) so anyone who finds one can drive it.  I drove a German one (captured) for a bit once even:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10