Recent Posts

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]
Computer Gaming / Re: Share your Screenshots!
« Last post by Gusington on September 22, 2021, 06:51:56 PM »
One pair of pants tonight. I can only play Outlast 2 for about an hour and then have to stop. It's definitely more twisted than the first one.

Computer Gaming / Re: The Groginati Sales Thread
« Last post by al_infierno on September 22, 2021, 02:19:00 PM »
Now you too can experience the joy of the Laziest Workforce in the World Simulator  :clap:

To be clear, Tropico is a fantastic and unique game, but if you're not familiar with the "lazy workers" meme, you will be soon enough :)
Computer Gaming / Re: The Groginati Sales Thread
« Last post by Toonces on September 22, 2021, 01:28:24 PM »
Humble Bundle has a bunch of Tropico's bundled up for $12.  I just grabbed the collection since I've been wanting to play Tropico for years.
Military (and other) History / Re: Maps of the Operation Brevity
« Last post by tcipcic on September 22, 2021, 11:15:44 AM »
Thanks!  :)
Military (and other) History / Re: Maps of the Operation Brevity
« Last post by ArizonaTank on September 22, 2021, 11:09:06 AM »
Good stuff!
Books & Reading / Re: Grogheads Public Library?
« Last post by Dammit Carl! on September 22, 2021, 10:57:09 AM »
I worked in B. Dalton. It was one of my first "real" jobs when I was in high school. I used to hang out in the military history section and wait for someone to start browsing. I'd then strike up a conversation and we would sometimes talk for hours. Eventually, it started annoying my boss and he tried to get me to move on, but I never stopped. I would still do that today and work in a book store, if I could get away with it.

If near an Army base, could always work for AAFES and be that weird guy hovering near the books in Clothing & Sales or the PX!

-if possible, I'd always stop by Ft. Jackson and go to the Shopette / Mini Clothing & Sales place near the trainee barracks just so I could see & hear Drill Sergeants scream at pie-eyed Privates who scuttle around like roaches while clutching whatever it was they were keen on getting.  Funny shit when it ain't you as the Private.
Computer Gaming / Re: Old World from Soren Johnson
« Last post by devoncop on September 22, 2021, 10:48:26 AM »
I say nothing.

Who said Mil Int was a contradiction in terms 😉

No further evidence your honour....
General Staff Support Forum / Re: Changelog - picture heavy
« Last post by Andy ONeill on September 22, 2021, 10:41:24 AM »
Map Editor

BugFix:
There was a problem importing complex area terrain types as custom resources.
This produced quite strange effects since it was connecting up the wrong dots and filling in areas it shouldn't, excluding areas it should have included.
I've changed the way these shapes are handled to obviate this issue.
There are some rather obscure technical side benefits which I won't bore you with.

The reason we noticed this bug is Ezra is building a map for Ligny.
Since the "rivers" across the battlefield didn't stop the French then they we can't make them rivers.
Any water stops direct moves.
Those rivers in question were a couple of meters wide and easily crossed.
With some mud either side.
So the whole translates in game terms into mud.
Mud is an area type terrain whilst the rivers and roads Ezra routinely imports as custom resources are line.
This was therefore the first time we tried importing complex shaped area type terrain.
Books & Reading / Re: Grogheads Public Library?
« Last post by Sir Slash on September 22, 2021, 10:39:19 AM »
I've got a bunch of old books I'd just be willing to donate. My local library doesn't want them so I've actually given some to local RV Parks. During the winter months the Snowbirds come down and most parks have very small libraries at their Club Houses. Two concerns, a lot of my books are pretty old and maybe out of date in their historical accuracy and cost of shipping. Thoughts and or opinions anyone?
Computer Gaming / Re: STEAM down for any of you?
« Last post by Sir Slash on September 22, 2021, 10:30:24 AM »
Gus, on the street at all hours combing his snitches for our info. Good Man!  O0
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]