Main Menu

SpaceX

Started by steve58, April 13, 2015, 03:23:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GDS_Starfury

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on November 19, 2023, 11:26:45 AMTry not being a sucker for someone else's agenda with your morning coffee for once.

says the russle brand fan.  :ROFL:
Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.

Redwolf

I hate Musk, but I think continued success of SpaceX is good for everybody. Starship will enable great things to be done once ready.

Windigo

He is an upper-class citizen of South African, enuff said. If you don't know what that means as far as his world view on things, well I am not here to educate anyone.

I will say I am not a fan of him personally (at all), but he has lead/coordinated some big things. Starlink is my favorite.
My doctor wrote me a prescription for daily sex.

My wife insists that it says dyslexia but what does she know.

Jarhead0331

Quote from: Windigo on November 20, 2023, 01:37:13 PMHe is an upper-class citizen of South African, enuff said. If you don't know what that means as far as his world view on things, well I am not here to educate anyone.

This is a really bone-headed thing to say, brother. Its like saying all Germans are Nazis. Musk's father was a member of the Anti-Aparteid progressive party and it is well-known that he raised his children well and that all of them, Elon included, were against Aparteid. So to say that Musk was raised with the values you suggest just because he is white and affluent is pretty bold and without any evidence whatsoever, while evidence to the contrary is ample. As a general matter, I know of plenty South Africans who never supported the Aparteid government and were disillusioned by the wars it fought to maintain that order, even some veterans of the Bush Wars. You can't paint with such an overly broad brush to try to discredit someone that you seem to dislike. Regardless, Musk's accomplishments have benefited all of mankind, not just any one particular race. This fact is indisputable.

I personally do not understand all the hatred and dislike of Musk in this forum. I certainly understand why big tech, the media, certain major corporations and others who have their own agendas dislike him and why they are so quick to attempt to discredit or cause him harm, but the average person? I don't get it.

To take the position that the the richest man on the planet who is, for the most part, self-made, has "no accomplishments" is outrageous and completely ignorant. I'm, of course, referring to Starfury's ridiculous posts. There is no amount of fact bending, twisting of reality or manipulation of the truth that can lead to this conclusion. Even a cursory review from unbiased sources establishes his remarkable bona fides.

On a personal note, I've spent a lot of time listening to him speak. For the richest man on the planet, he's down to earth, has a sense of humor, and has clearly expressed a desire to make the world a better place. Has he said stupid things, sure. That's part of what makes him human.

I believe that if humanity is going to be saved from itself, it will be because of bold visionaries like Musk. Humanity certainly won't be saved by people who sit on their asses in glass houses throwing stones. That doesn't mean you have to love him or agree with everything he says, but to pray for his failure? Asinine.  :nono2:
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

al_infierno

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on November 21, 2023, 09:41:54 AM
Quote from: Windigo on November 20, 2023, 01:37:13 PMHe is an upper-class citizen of South African, enuff said. If you don't know what that means as far as his world view on things, well I am not here to educate anyone.

This is a really bone-headed thing to say, brother. Its like saying all Germans are Nazis. Musk's father was a member of the Anti-Aparteid progressive party and it is well-known that he raised his children well and that all of them, Elon included, were against Aparteid. So to say that Musk was raised with the values you suggest just because he is white and affluent is pretty bold and without any evidence whatsoever, while evidence to the contrary is ample. As a general matter, I know of plenty South Africans who never supported the Aparteid government and were disillusioned by the wars it fought to maintain that order, even some veterans of the Bush Wars. You can't paint with such an overly broad brush to try to discredit someone that you seem to dislike. Regardless, Musk's accomplishments have benefited all of mankind, not just any one particular race. This fact is indisputable.

I personally do not understand all the hatred and dislike of Musk in this forum. I certainly understand why big tech, the media, certain major corporations and others who have their own agendas dislike him and why they are so quick to attempt to discredit or cause him harm, but the average person? I don't get it.

To take the position that the the richest man on the planet who is, for the most part, self-made, has "no accomplishments" is outrageous and completely ignorant. I'm, of course, referring to Starfury's ridiculous posts. There is no amount of fact bending, twisting of reality or manipulation of the truth that can lead to this conclusion. Even a cursory review from unbiased sources establishes his remarkable bona fides.

On a personal note, I've spent a lot of time listening to him speak. For the richest man on the planet, he's down to earth, has a sense of humor, and has clearly expressed a desire to make the world a better place. Has he said stupid things, sure. That's part of what makes him human.

I believe that if humanity is going to be saved from itself, it will be because of bold visionaries like Musk. Humanity certainly won't be saved by people who sit on their asses in glass houses throwing stones. That doesn't mean you have to love him or agree with everything he says, but to pray for his failure? Asinine.  :nono2:

He's a massive asshole and a transphobic hypocrite who bans people for making fun of him or calls them pedophiles, despite being a "free speech absolutist," which is just an excuse to promote hateful garbage like Libs of TikTok.

That is enough for me to deeply dislike him as a person, though I don't share Star's desires for his undertakings to fail.

BTW, you're aware that he responded to hate speech about Jewish replacement theory with "You have said the actual truth," right?
A War of a Madman's Making - a text-based war planning and political survival RPG

It makes no difference what men think of war, said the judge.  War endures.  As well ask men what they think of stone.  War was always here.  Before man was, war waited for him.  The ultimate trade awaiting its ultimate practitioner.  That is the way it was and will be.  That way and not some other way.
- Cormac McCarthy, Blood Meridian

If they made nothing but WWII games, I'd be perfectly content.  Hypothetical matchups from alternate history 1980s, asymmetrical US-bashes-some-3rd world guerillas, or minor wars between Upper Bumblescum and outer Kaboomistan hold no appeal for me.
- Silent Disapproval Robot

I guess it's sort of nice that the word "tactical" seems to refer to some kind of seriousness during your moments of mental clarity.
- MengJiao

Jarhead0331

Quote from: al_infierno on November 21, 2023, 11:19:22 AM
Quote from: Jarhead0331 on November 21, 2023, 09:41:54 AM

He's a massive asshole and a transphobic hypocrite who bans people for making fun of him or calls them pedophiles, despite being a "free speech absolutist," which is just an excuse to promote hateful garbage like Libs of TikTok.

That is enough for me to deeply dislike him as a person, though I don't share Star's desires for his undertakings to fail.

Regrettably, this is just another personal attack on him without any verifiable evidence or information. What qualifies someone as being a "massive asshole"? Also, what does "transphobic hypocrite" mean? Is that someone who believes that there are only two genders? Men and women? Oh my God! Heaven forbid someone still hold onto such an antiquated view without any scientific backing ( I jest, of course).

The claim that he takes the position of supporting free speech just to serve as an excuse to promote "hateful garbage" is just as ridiculous and without any evidence whatsoever as other stupid positions taken by others in this thread.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

Pete Dero

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on November 21, 2023, 11:26:32 AMWhat qualifies someone as being a "massive asshole"?

I thought his anti-Semitic stance would suffice. (see my post #177 and what Al_Infierno also mentioned)
That's not just a stupid thing he said.

al_infierno

Biological gender is different than gender identity. Forcing people with gender dysphoria to be their genetically assigned gender and disallowing them gender-affirming care is harmful and not at all justified with arguments about biology.

Musk has repeatedly expressed that he thinks gender affirming care should be illegal and doctors and therapists who help care for trans people should be imprisoned. Evidently, he doesn't want trans people to exist. How is that not transphobic?

The hypocrite part was with regard to his free speech absolutism bullshit which is obviously very right-wing biased.

I would say publicly calling the cave diver who risked his life to save kids a "pedophile" because he refused to use Musk's stupid death trap is pretty solid grounds for him being a massive asshole.

Also, I edited my message kinda late, but did you see the bit about his comment on Jewish replacement theory?
A War of a Madman's Making - a text-based war planning and political survival RPG

It makes no difference what men think of war, said the judge.  War endures.  As well ask men what they think of stone.  War was always here.  Before man was, war waited for him.  The ultimate trade awaiting its ultimate practitioner.  That is the way it was and will be.  That way and not some other way.

If they made nothing but WWII games, I'd be perfectly content.  Hypothetical matchups from alternate history 1980s, asymmetrical US-bashes-some-3rd world guerillas, or minor wars between Upper Bumblescum and outer Kaboomistan hold no appeal for me.

I guess it's sort of nice that the word "tactical" seems to refer to some kind of seriousness during your moments of mental clarity.
- MengJiao

GDS_Starfury

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on November 21, 2023, 11:26:32 AMRegrettably, this is just another personal attack on him without any verifiable evidence or information.

:ROFL:

theres more then enough out there but you prefer your bubble.  enjoy that.

Quotebut the average person? I don't get it.

ya, the tesla auto union is doing real well....  my question is this:  if you were alive during the 20s, would you forgive ford's antisemitism just because he made a cheap car?
Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.

Jarhead0331

^"racism", "antisemitism", "transphobia"...these are the claims of the intellectually bankrupt to censor and discredit those of whom they differ ideologically. You all are better than that.

There is ZERO actual evidence that Elon Musk is any of the things you've accused him of. For f*cks sake, even Super-Jew Ben Shapiro understands this.

Elon Musk and those like him will save the world...even the minorities and gender fluid among us, and yet, they will still make these heinous accusations against him while benefiting from his creations and accomplishments. It is almost as illogical as "Queers for Palestine".
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

al_infierno

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on November 21, 2023, 02:47:30 PM^"racism", "antisemitism", "transphobia"...these are the claims of the intellectually bankrupt to censor and discredit those of whom they differ ideologically. You all are better than that.

There is ZERO actual evidence that Elon Musk is any of the things you've accused him of. For f*cks sake, even Super-Jew Ben Shapiro understands this.

It has nothing to do with ideology, JH. Musk repeatedly and consistently antagonizes the LGBT community and has made his views on transgender folks abundantly loud and clear. My claims about his views are verifiable facts and you only need to peruse his Twitter to confirm it.

Banning gender affirming care, and forcing trans people to detransition, is a policy that erases trans people from the population.  Supporting such a policy is transphobic, full stop.  There is no biological justification for forcing a person who wants to transition to conform to how society believes they should live their lives. 

As for the antisemitism, read this tweet and read Musk's response.  How on earth can you say this isn't clear cut evidence?  He is literally saying "you have spoken the actual truth" in response to Jewish replacement theory.

https://twitter.com/breakingbaht/status/1724892505647296620

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1724908287471272299

And who the hell cares what Ben Shapiro thinks?  What is he, the Emperor of Jews?

- MengJiao

Jarhead0331

^I read the tweets. I come to a different conclusion, and if you took the time to watch the video I linked, perhaps you would understand why. I guess that means I'm an antisemite too? And based on your definition, I guess you can add transphobic to the list too.

The attacks against Musk and your vitriolic hatred of him have EVERYTHING to do with ideology, and you know it.

Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

al_infierno

Many trans people say they would rather die than detransition, and this is something you support?  That is quite frankly disgusting.  What difference does it make to you if another human being is allowed to live their lives the way they want?  How are they hurting you by wearing the "wrong" clothes or using the "wrong" pronoun?  God forbid people who are different than you be allowed to exist and be happy.

Trans rights are human rights.  It is not an ideology.

- MengJiao

Jarhead0331

Quote from: al_infierno on November 21, 2023, 03:02:28 PMMany trans people say they would rather die than detransition, and this is something you support?  That is quite frankly disgusting.  What difference does it make to you if another human being is allowed to live their lives the way they want?  How are they hurting you by wearing the "wrong" clothes or using the "wrong" pronoun?  God forbid people who are different than you be allowed to exist and be happy.

Trans rights are human rights.  It is not an ideology.

It is ideology and I'm not going to get dragged into a political argument with you on this issue, other than to say it "makes a difference" to me when people like you try to force your views and, yes, ideology, on my kids and when children in general are essentially "forced" into transitioning by taking life altering drugs, or worse, mutilating their bodies. There are other terms for it, primarily, child abuse. If you're an adult and you want cut your dick off, and call yourself a toaster oven, have at it. You bring children into the mix and all bets are off.

This is the final word on this topic. If you still want to rage about it, do so in a PM or in another forum.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

Windigo

Oh wow..... I think we need to go back to our corners on this.

My doctor wrote me a prescription for daily sex.

My wife insists that it says dyslexia but what does she know.