Main Menu

SpaceX

Started by steve58, April 13, 2015, 03:23:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rekim

There is a Falcon 9 launch scheduled for this morning, to the ISS from KCS Launch Complex 39A. There is a ton of space history associated with this site, including most of the moon landings, which hasn't been used since the very last Shuttle launch. Spacex will once again attempt a first stage landing, close to the launch site. Should be interesting, as always. You can watch it live here ~10:00am EST

http://www.spacex.com/webcast

Staggerwing

Cool!

Here's the live feed youtube link to save folks time finding it at launch time:

Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

OJsDad

NASA channel has it live.  Channel 286 on Dish.
'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

OJsDad

Launch has been aborted.  Issue with the second state thrust vector control system. 
'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

Staggerwing

Abort @ T-13. Trust vector control issue. They can try again tomorrow @ 9:30 EST.

EDIT: OJsDad is already on it.

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

steve58

Very cool video (taken by a drone) of the first stage landing.  O0

Government is not the solution to our problem—government is the problem.   Ronald Reagan
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell  The truth is quiet...It's the lies that are loud.   Jesus Revolution
If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you're probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)

Sir Slash

That looks just like it did the first time I saw it in, "The Queen From Outer Space"-- 1959.  O0
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Rekim

The first Falcon launch with a reused first stage is scheduled for this evening (March 30) between 6:27 p.m. through 10:27 p.m. EDT.

http://www.spacex.com/webcast

Good luck to SES 10!!

steve58

Government is not the solution to our problem—government is the problem.   Ronald Reagan
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell  The truth is quiet...It's the lies that are loud.   Jesus Revolution
If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you're probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)

steve58

Success  :clap:

SpaceX successfully launched and then retrieved its first recycled rocket Thursday, the biggest leap yet in its bid to drive down costs and speed up flights.

http://www.foxnews.com/tech/2017/03/30/spacex-launches-its-first-recycled-rocket-in-historic-leap.html

DoctorQuest

"Everything you read on the internet is true." - Benjamin Franklin

"Zero-G and I feel fine....." - John Glenn

"I reject your reality and substitute my own." - Adam Savage, inventor of the alternative fact.

Staggerwing

Quote from: DoctorQuest on March 30, 2017, 09:16:15 PM
Nicely done!  O0
+1

Damn- maybe we will actually get off this rock after all.

GDS_Starfury

if only we could power a space craft with Mirth's angst, dispair and annoyance.....
Toonces - Don't ask me, I just close my eyes and take it.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.

steve58

Ha, SpaceX just released a blooper reel  :DD

Barthheart

That's awesome!  :bd: