Dam Busters redux (in honour of Les Munro)

Started by Silent Disapproval Robot, August 05, 2015, 12:22:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bob48

'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

Silent Disapproval Robot

Rice raised MacFarlane on the intercom.  "I've lost sight of the rest of them.  Where the hell are we, Dick?   And don't give me any of that 'Ach, I dinnae ken' nonsense!"  MacFarlane was just about to tell Rice what he could do with himself when he spotted the Very Lights off to his left.

First wave manages to link up again and proceeds out over the North Sea.

Two more nav checks Bob.

AJ-H needs an 8 or better to maintain the formation as it flies over the North Sea.
AJ-T is still lost somewhere off the Coast of England and needs an 8 or better to get back on course.

bob48

'Clip those corners'

Silent Disapproval Robot

Wave 1 had only reformed for minutes before the planes began to drift apart and lose sight of one another yet again.

The faulty compass aboard AJ-T was causing no end of headaches.  After more than half an hour of unsuccessfully trying to get a decent fix, the navigator told McCarthy that navigation just wouldn't be possible as long as Upkeep was still on board the aircraft.  Having to stay at low altitude meant that he couldn't use Oboe to get a fix past 30 miles from England.  Cursing loudly, McCarthy reluctantly turned back for England.

Wave 1 gets two hazards that cannot be evaded.  Stagger, choose two planes in Wave 1 to receive one hazard each.  (can't post any shots of the board right now as I'm away from my PC.)

Staggerwing

AJ-E will brave the first one, AJ-H the second. I don't want to throw AJ-K and it's Canadian newbies under the bus just yet and the boys aboard AJ-W are already flying a wonky bus.
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

Silent Disapproval Robot

AJ-H lucks out and receives no hazard.

Flight leader AJ-E's navigator suffers a map reading error making future nav checks more difficult.

2300 hrs, The bombers comprising Wave 1 have become spread out as they cross over the Frisian Island chain.

Bob, AJ-H's navigator needs to roll a skill check to see if the formation can re-form.  He needs 8+ on 2D6.  Stagger, you can use a Very Light to give Bob a +1 but as you're no over enemy territory, it'll add an extra hazard as well as increasing the chance of a nightfighter dropping in.

Staggerwing

Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

Silent Disapproval Robot

Ok, bob roll 2D6.  7+ needed to tighten up the formation.

bob48

Sorry - unfortunately, RL events have kept me away. I'll be away for a couple of days and then I'll try and a catch up a bit.

'Clip those corners'

Silent Disapproval Robot

Figured something was up.  I hope everything is OK.

bob48

Gentlemen. With one thing or another, plus a fair smattering of senility, I had forgotten all about this.

Abject apologies.

'Clip those corners'