What food can you absolutely not stand?

Started by agrippamaxentius, August 06, 2015, 12:34:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Staggerwing

Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

bbmike

I forget. I'm drinking scotch right now.  8)
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

Steelgrave

Canned veggies, except for corn. Growing up, I was pretty sure veggies grew on the vine in a can. The discovery of frozen veggies as a young adult was shocking, and actually buying them fresh.....wow, who knew???

Staggerwing

Quote from: bbmike on August 06, 2015, 08:34:08 PM
I forget. I'm drinking scotch right now.  8)

NP if the scotch is neat, or on ice. Mixed drinks are what those other types of 'whiskey' are for....  ;)
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

agrippamaxentius

Quote from: Staggerwing on August 06, 2015, 08:15:32 PM
I loath the nasty Cherry flavoring that is used in candy and cough syrup. Also Maraschino Cherries.

I'm not a fan of Broccoli, Cauliflower, or pickles either, though I'd eat them long before anything with that nasty industrial cherry product flavor.
I actually agree totally here. When I was just a little tyke I recall having to take "Triaminic Cherry Cough Syrup" for colds, it was the most awful tasting stuff I have ever had. I love regular cherries but "Cherry flavored" stuff must be approached with caution. Also ever noticed the fake "Cherry" taste tastes nothing like cherries!  ;D
https://www.youtube.com/user/AgrippaMaxentius For Scourge of War, Combat Mission, Ultimate General Gettysburg and countless others.

Toonces

Wow, interesting choices here.

I cannot eat cold cheese, any kind, period.  Like cold deli American cheese, the smell makes me want to barf.

But if you melt it, I can eat many cheeses on nachos, pizza, and I'm ok with Tostitos queso dips.  But as soon as my pizza or nachos get cold I can't eat them anymore.

I also can't eat even melted cheese on meat, like hamburgers or steak sandwiches.  But I'm ok with lasagna.

Yes, I know how weird this is.  I wish I could like cheese because it's on freaking everything. 
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

agrippamaxentius

Quote from: Toonces on August 08, 2015, 08:22:56 AM
Wow, interesting choices here.

I cannot eat cold cheese, any kind, period.  Like cold deli American cheese, the smell makes me want to barf.

But if you melt it, I can eat many cheeses on nachos, pizza, and I'm ok with Tostitos queso dips.  But as soon as my pizza or nachos get cold I can't eat them anymore.

I also can't eat even melted cheese on meat, like hamburgers or steak sandwiches.  But I'm ok with lasagna.

Yes, I know how weird this is.  I wish I could like cheese because it's on freaking everything.
So no Feta!?!?! How do you survive when eating salads! :D
https://www.youtube.com/user/AgrippaMaxentius For Scourge of War, Combat Mission, Ultimate General Gettysburg and countless others.

Arctic Blast

Liver has never been something I enjoy. There's something about the taste of it that's very off-putting.

Steelgrave

Iced coffee. I drink waaaaay too much hot coffee every day, year 'round, but I simply can't stand it iced.

MetalDog

Brussel sprouts.  My ex wife used to eat them fairly regularly.  I called them, "little green balls of gas."  Cuz that's what they did to her.  Cauliflower.  Water chestnuts.  Greens, like collard, or mustard.  I guess that would really be the winner for me.  If I walk in to a house and smell them cooking, I'll walk right out.
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

Bison

Quote from: MetalDog on August 09, 2015, 07:27:31 PM
Brussel sprouts.  My ex wife used to eat them fairly regularly.  I called them, "little green balls of gas."  Cuz that's what they did to her.  Cauliflower.  Water chestnuts.  Greens, like collard, or mustard.  I guess that would really be the winner for me.  If I walk in to a house and smell them cooking, I'll walk right out.

Noted.  Have a stock of brussel sprouts on hand if MD threatens to visit for an extended stay.

airboy

I'll try almost anything.  I like almost all food.

I've never met any form of meat that I did not like.

I like all grains, bread, etc...  - but they don't like me anymore with the diabetes.

About the only things I don't eat are raw cucumbers, green peas, raw onions, and oddly enough wine.  I can eat food cooked in wine, but drinking wine can make me sick due to my sulfide allergy.  Sulfides naturally occur in wine, and the sulfide content varies randomly from bottle to bottle.  So no wine.

I can drink any other form of alcohol - even Ouzo. 

mirth

Quote from: Arctic Blast on August 08, 2015, 06:23:51 PM
Liver has never been something I enjoy. There's something about the taste of it that's very off-putting.

How about with fava beans and a nice Chianti?
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

Centurion40

I can't stand coconut.  It's like eating fingernails.
Any time is a good time for pie.

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus