Northern Fury 5: Bardufoss Blues - a CMANO AAR

Started by Airborne Rifles, September 20, 2015, 10:07:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Excroat3

Could you post your Losses and Expenditures?  Also, did the air battle just melt away, with no more pushes from the Soviets and Finns?

Airborne Rifles

Quote from: Excroat3 on November 08, 2015, 11:44:59 AM
Could you post your Losses and Expenditures?  Also, did the air battle just melt away, with no more pushes from the Soviets and Finns?

Excroat, unfortunately I didn't save my game any time after the Annapolis started its attack run, so I can't give you a losses expenditures roll-up for the end of the scenario.

About the air battle, yes, it melted away because of a glitch (which Gunner has now fixed) that made the air battle very easy for NATO. Basically, none of the large Soviet support aircraft (tankers, AWACS, transports) were taking off due to a mistake with the airfields and the fighters that were attacking were simply flying straight and level as targets for my missiles without fighting back, making the A2A battle very one-sided. Gunner has put out an updated version that deals with these issues, but I was already too far into my game and this AAR to go back and start from the beginning, so I just ended up ignoring the air fight, which is unfortunate because this scenario is meant to be focused on the air battle while the next one (Trondheim Express) focuses on the battle around the amphib group. I'm replaying the updated air battle now before I move on to NF5.5.

Airborne Rifles

Quote from: mirth on November 08, 2015, 10:34:43 AM
Your entire series has been great, AR, but for some reason this one seemed particularly epic!

Thanks mirth! Incidentally, you're in luck, since the next scenario (NF 5.5 Trondheim Express) starts on the assumption that the amphibious group survived my early attacks and is continuing south, opposed by STANAVFORLANT and anything else NATO can throw in its way. I plan to start a new AAR for this one.

mirth

Quote from: Airborne Rifles on November 08, 2015, 03:53:29 PM
Quote from: mirth on November 08, 2015, 10:34:43 AM
Your entire series has been great, AR, but for some reason this one seemed particularly epic!

Thanks mirth! Incidentally, you're in luck, since the next scenario (NF 5.5 Trondheim Express) starts on the assumption that the amphibious group survived my early attacks and is continuing south, opposed by STANAVFORLANT and anything else NATO can throw in its way. I plan to start a new AAR for this one.

Can't wait!  O0
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

bob48

Great stuff, AR. I've been enjoying the story!
'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

MetalDog

Truly the mark of great writing, AR.  You took something I have no interest in and made it interesting.  Thanks for the AAR and can't wait for the next one :)
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

Dimitris

IMHO you should seriously consider selling this as an e-book. This is too good.
Command: Modern Air/Naval Operations
http://www.warfaresims.com/Command

Airborne Rifles

Thanks for the kind word, Dimitris! I can't take credit. I'm experiencing the story Gunner is telling through his battle set and just putting it down in words.

Commander Cody

Well done again! Looking forward to the next installment.

Cheers,
CC

Airborne Rifles

Hoping to get to the next scenario this weekend.