Gas Prices = Indirect Warfare

Started by airboy, January 08, 2016, 01:39:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LongBlade

It's working.

QuoteRussia is lining up seven major state companies, including Aeroflot, Alrosa, the diamond miner, and Rosneft, for potential privatisation as the Kremlin debates drastic options to replace dwindling oil revenues.

The decision to consider the first such comprehensive push in years comes as the latest slide in crude prices is expected to drive Russia into a second year of recession and has ripped a gaping hole in its budget.

Moscow has continuously sold small state company stakes over the years, but progress has slowed since Vladimir Putin's return to the presidency in 2012. Memories of the privatisation wave with which Russia's liberal economic policymakers tried to force a transition from the Soviet economy in the 1990s remain traumatic as it vastly enriched a small number of people, creating the country's oligarch class.

The heads of Alrosa, Rosneft and fellow oil company Bashneft, Russian Railways, state bank VTB, Aeroflot and Russia's largest shipbuilding company Sovcomflot were summoned on Monday to a meeting where Mr Putin discussed privatisation plans for this year with his economic team.

source: http://www.ft.com/intl/cms/s/0/34acde08-c905-11e5-be0b-b7ece4e953a0.html
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

OJsDad

They'll just nationalize them again when they think they can afford to. 
'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

JasonPratt

A cousin of mine works for Boeing, and has been moved to statistical analyst for the marketing department of the division that sells planes and things to Russia. He couldn't talk about it much, but I was surprised Russia bought much of anything from Boeing at all.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

GDS_Starfury

well they want to buy things that work.   :buck2:
Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.

OJsDad

Aeroflot flies 25 Boeing aircraft, as do a number of their subsidiaries. 
'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

JasonPratt

Quote from: GDS_Starfury on February 03, 2016, 05:40:37 PM
well they want to buy things that work.   :buck2:

Pretty much. And maybe reverse engineer it.

It isn't a huge market by any means -- that's China and Southeast Asia more generally.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!