Main Menu

Cold Waters

Started by Thomasew, September 28, 2016, 09:55:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

Yskonyn

Not long now I would say!
"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."

Barthheart

Quote from: RyanE on June 01, 2017, 01:14:36 PM
I think the manual just went public on steam

Yeah baby! Just downloaded it. 53 pages! Looks like a real manual.  :bd:

Toonces

So this is what moist loins feels like!
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

Capn Darwin

I'm done reading thru them. Slackers.  L:-)
Rocket Scientist by day, Game Designer by night.

jamus34

Is it just me or does some of the book literally look like it was ripped from the RSR manual???
Insert witty comment here.

Capn Darwin

Quote from: jamus34 on June 01, 2017, 02:55:56 PM
Is it just me or does some of the book literally look like it was ripped from the RSR manual???
That's not really a bad thing. I want to know if it will have a keyboard overlay we can print out and place for use?

jamus34

Quote from: Capn Darwin on June 01, 2017, 06:14:33 PM
Quote from: jamus34 on June 01, 2017, 02:55:56 PM
That's not really a bad thing. I want to know if it will have a keyboard overlay we can print out and place for use?

This is true and I imagine the tactics portion of both were ripped from a Jane's guide
Insert witty comment here.

Capn Darwin

Not that I've been staring at Cold War vehicle sils to long, but the Cold Waters manual has one glitch in it. The Ground forces markers are BMP-3s. For a game set in 84 the -3s don't enter service until 87.  :nerd: Would have been great to see an M1 and T-80 or M113 and BMP-2. Maybe the graphics can be modded.  :coolsmiley:

mirth

Quote from: Capn Darwin on June 01, 2017, 08:31:23 PM
Not that I've been staring at Cold War vehicle sils to long, but the Cold Waters manual has one glitch in it. The Ground forces markers are BMP-3s. For a game set in 84 the -3s don't enter service until 87.  :nerd:

That tears it. No way I'm buying it now.

Capn Darwin

Quote from: mirth on June 01, 2017, 08:34:15 PM
Quote from: Capn Darwin on June 01, 2017, 08:31:23 PM
Not that I've been staring at Cold War vehicle sils to long, but the Cold Waters manual has one glitch in it. The Ground forces markers are BMP-3s. For a game set in 84 the -3s don't enter service until 87.  :nerd:

That tears it. No way I'm buying it now.

I know. Right?  :DD

mirth

And they used the same silhouette for Pact and NATO!  :pullhair:

kludger

The Dev replied to a Steam Forum post saying they hope release is less than 24hrs away  :bd:

http://steamcommunity.com/app/541210/discussions/0/1290691937712776768/