Not the "237 Years of Defending Freedom" thread

Started by 0kult13, June 15, 2012, 01:04:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bison

Quote from: 0kult13 on June 15, 2012, 04:48:06 AM
Dont get me wrong i like the american army i grew up ww2 films, but protecting freedom (as a whole) is a bit much, i had to say somthing. lol and brits are far from free. We are subjects of the crown, covered by the most extensive cctv network know to man, oh and not allowed guns.

Wah! You sound so oppressed.  The Queen is on my tele!  Wah!  I cannot go up to the Queen with a fire arm!  Wah!  Perhaps you should move to a more free country like Iran. 

bayonetbrant

Quote from: Bison on June 15, 2012, 01:07:09 PMThe point is it was a day to remember a great service.

Abso-freakin'-lutely.  And the most HOO-AH! of all the services, too!
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Jarhead0331

Quote from: Bison on June 15, 2012, 01:07:09 PM
...and yes Fat Marines too.

Bull$hit.  I defy you to find me an honest to God Marine that would be considered "fat."  They do not exist.  And I'm not talking about going online and finding a picture of some fatass dressed in a Marine uniform.  I want documented proof that the guy is actually a Marine.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Bison

Since demotivation photos seem to be the standard.

Are there more fat Soldiers than Marines?  Yes.  Are there more Soldiers than Marines?  Yes.  Are there fat Soldiers?  Yes.  Are there fat Marines?  Yes.   Also there is a higher percentage of Guard/Reserve Soldiers who are fatter than Active Duty.  Just another fact. 

However the once again the point was merely to recognize the birthday of the Army.   Sorry this point was missed and devolved into an internet argument between a anarchist and myself and the discussion of fat Soldiers. 

Keunert

^ lol

ok then happy birthday to the one army that was the most agreeanle occupier in europe by far.
Consistency is the last refuge of the unimaginative.
Oscar Wilde

Special K has too much class.
Windigo

Jarhead0331

Quote from: Bison on June 15, 2012, 04:08:09 PM
Since demotivation photos seem to be the standard.

Are there more fat Soldiers than Marines?  Yes.  Are there more Soldiers than Marines?  Yes.  Are there fat Soldiers?  Yes.  Are there fat Marines?  Yes.   Also there is a higher percentage of Guard/Reserve Soldiers who are fatter than Active Duty.  Just another fact. 

However the once again the point was merely to recognize the birthday of the Army.   Sorry this point was missed and devolved into an internet argument between a anarchist and myself and the discussion of fat Soldiers.

I guess you missed the part where I said, "not a picture of some fat guy in a marine uniform..."

Oh well...in any event, Bison, you need to lighten up sometimes. The birthday of the Army was recognized. You're in the Army, I'm in the Guard, Brant's retired Army, we all obviously support the Army and are damn proud, but if you can't joke around with each other, what's the point of it all?  As for 0kult, when are you going to learn to just ignore him?
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

son_of_montfort

Can we weaponize the cupcake tank?

Happy birthday Army! Thanks for defending my freedoms!

My uncle and grandfather were both in the army, although Gramps started off as a bomber engineer before he was grounded for poor hearing. Probably a good thing for why I am here, those WWII bombers were dangerous business!
"Now it is no accident all these conservatives are using time travel to teach our kids. It is the best way to fight back against the liberal version of history, or as it is sometimes known... history."

- Stephen Colbert

"The purpose of religion is to answer the ultimate question, are we in control or is there some greater force pulling the strings? And if the courts rule that corporations have the same religious rights that we humans do, I think we'll have our answer."

- Stephen Colbert

TheCommandTent

"No wants, no needs, we weren't meant for that, none of us.  Man stagnates if he has no ambition, no desire to be more than he is."

bayonetbrant

OK - as a part of the split, I tried to retitle the threads.  In doing so, it looks like "modified" the first post of each thread.  I guess I did, but it was only to try and distinguish the two threads
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

meadbelly

I for one do not find it necessary to dwell on perhaps the existential concerns of whether our military is defending freedom or not.

At least here in America, it is ourselves and no one else that are greater threats to our freedom than any f**ktard with a plane and a burning desire to do nothing more than choose oblivion over their personal hell - and take as many others out as possible. A society that worships mass consumption, that is committed to appearances at the expense of reality, that mocks personal responsibility and seeks others first for blame and solution, that can actually politicize education -- a culture that has the freedom to choose whatever nation, country, society, or government it wishes to and instead produces the above -- this is by far the greatest material and existential threat to personal and community freedoms.

To me, anyone who is willing to put themselves in harm's way to protect a document, an ideal, or even just the mofo sharing their foxhole deserves my thanks and respect.

It does, however, appear that some may not need my pizzas.

(and if anyone is wondering about finger pointing in my rant above, I am fully aware of how many of my own are pointing back at me.)

0kult13

Silent Disapproval Robot

Quote from: Centurion40 on June 15, 2012, 10:10:45 AM
No doubt.  I wish I could remember the dude's username.  He posted his pics, looking for love, at both the WG and ACG.  I'd dig-up the pic for analysis!!

I don't know why everybody was so shitty towards that guy.  (DevilDog, I think).  He seemed decent enough to me and made a lot of good ArmA II missions.  Kind of sad how the guy was dogpiled, I thought.

meadbelly

SoM, I hope you realize I can't let my cat up onto the desk now when visiting grogheads -- thanks to your avatar. Other than that, it's AWESOME!

meadbelly

Quote from: 0kult13 on June 16, 2012, 05:06:01 PM
^ well said meadbelly +1 like

If you liked it so much, 0, keep it mind the next time you avoid personal responsibility for your actions by claiming bullshit like you "had to say something." You wanted to say something, and as usual, it was deliberately provocative. If you want to be deliberately provocative, try to have the balls to admit it.

Unfortunately, you want the effect of your words, but you don't want to take responsibility for saying them; ergo bullshit rhetoric implying you had no choice but to be provocative.

When you have the courage of your convictions, we can talk about respect.

son_of_montfort

Quote from: meadbelly on June 16, 2012, 07:16:37 PM
SoM, I hope you realize I can't let my cat up onto the desk now when visiting grogheads -- thanks to your avatar. Other than that, it's AWESOME!

LOL!
"Now it is no accident all these conservatives are using time travel to teach our kids. It is the best way to fight back against the liberal version of history, or as it is sometimes known... history."

- Stephen Colbert

"The purpose of religion is to answer the ultimate question, are we in control or is there some greater force pulling the strings? And if the courts rule that corporations have the same religious rights that we humans do, I think we'll have our answer."

- Stephen Colbert