2018 Running Baseball Thread

Started by bayonetbrant, January 23, 2018, 11:00:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bison

I'll still watch them and plan on attending a couple of games.  The worst part of this rebuild is there aren't really any notable prospects to look forward to coming up to the bigs.  There will be a surprise player or two but KCs minor league system is pretty barren at the moment.

MetalDog

Losing will help that, too.  Just ask the Astros.  Or the Braves.  Do you have a team you want to see?  Maybe target tickets for when they come to town.
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

Bison

I buddy is an Astros fan so looking at the homestand for that series, but the Astros and Yankees are the hot tickets right now.  I'll probably try and go to a Twins game and one the interleague games.

MetalDog

Saw the Yanks at Twins Spring Training a bunch of years ago.  I was less than 25' from Jeter, A-Rod, Matsui, Sheffield.  It was pretty awesome.  I like some of the Twins young talent this year.  That would be a good game to go to.  Do the Nationals come to KC?  It'll be your last chance to see Bryce Harper before you see him next in pinstripes.

Bison

I think it's the Reds and the Cardinals who are in town this year for sure.  Cards game will be sold out and expensive, which is ok.  I haven't seen the Reds yets so I'd be ok with that one.

MetalDog

I'll have to look it up, but, the Reds top prospect looks like he's coming to the Majors.  And I hear he can rake.  All my ex-in laws are Cards fans.  Can't stand'em.

Bison

I'd like to see Joey Votto play.  Last year we saw the Yankees and the Blue Jays, so whatever game we go to will be a different team.

MetalDog

Yanks and Blue Jays.  Bet that was pretty sweet.  And Votto is just an OBP machine.  Cincy has a few pieces worth going to see.  I would dig that for you if that's who you got to see.

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

Bison

You'll be posting about the Red Sox soon enough.

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

Bison

Quote from: mirth on February 20, 2018, 08:46:44 PM
Quote from: Bison on February 20, 2018, 08:44:56 PM
You'll be posting about the Red Sox soon enough.

Umm...no

You say that every year and every year you end up posting about the Red Socks.  Your love of baseball denial is cute.

MetalDog

mirth only cares about two things and baseball ain't one of them.  Unless she's hot.  And then it's any port in a storm.

bayonetbrant

The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

bayonetbrant

The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers