Main Menu

Exercise Habits

Started by Bison, July 31, 2012, 01:59:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bison

That's some good information to take note of there bes

Keunert

so i am doing some excerzises for almost two months. until three days ago i did 20 minutes each morning and 15 minutes each evening, saturday was off. 20 different excersises each time, for one minute or 45 sec each. i did notice a light transformation of the body. but each time i increased the weights or went faster with the excersises the body started to hurt a little. that's when i did a little research and learned that muscles could get harmed if they do not get enough pause.

now i switched to arm/shoulder/chest and cardio switch in the morning and a belly (?) and leg switch in the evening. but now i feel that there is just not enough intensity anymore for the muscle build up.

any recommendations?
Consistency is the last refuge of the unimaginative.
Oscar Wilde

Special K has too much class.
Windigo

Bison

You'd need to list what you are doing. 

Keunert

Day 1 Morning
arms/chest/shoulders, 15.5 pound weights
3 * 8-12 repetitions of Hammer Curls, push ups, lateral raises, all in all 14 different exercises
6 * 1minute of high/low plank, reverse plank dips and others

Day 1 Evening
abs
20 * 45secs of different crunches and planks

Day 2 Morning
cardio
20 * 60secs of jumping jacks, knee ups, jump rope, ski hops, all in all 20 different exercises

Day 2 Evening
leg
20*45secs of different leg exersices

i would gladly skip the leg stuff but this entire programm was done with some semi shitty mobile app. and i couldn't find a better one so far.
the arms shoulder and chest exercise takes quite long and i am not sure how long i should pause between the exercises? i just changed this from 20minutes of 20 different exercises to this program. with the pauses it feels less intense than before.

the goal is not to become a super athlete, just to get a little more endurance and in contrast to gaming (shame on me for that) it feels like i spend my time doing something that is benefital.
Oscar Wilde

Windigo

Bison

You're better off picking a few of the excerises and increasing the intensity and amount to time.  So do like 21-15-9-3-1 pyrimids of x/y/z excerises with minute or minute and half rest in between each set.  Or if you are doing weights something like 3 sets of 12-15 reps with a minute rest in between sets then move onto the next weight excerise. Also it takes TIME to see/feel differences in your physical appearance.  What are you doing for cardio?

Keunert

thank you for your answer.

i am reading, or better surfing into the fitness stuff a little more. i have now dumbell sets organized into three splits: one for bizeps/latissimus(?) one for legs/shoulders and one for chest/trizeps. there are about ten sets with 12-15 repetitions each. like you proposed.

up til now i did 20minute of constant dumbbell lifting with lower weights. it was rather hard. now i increased weight but i think with the new sets of only 12-15 repetitions i need to increase weight more, i guess you should barely make the last set, that's not the case right now.

i do a cardio set every second day for 20 minutes. it has 20 exercises like jog in places, jumping jacks, plank jacks, mountain climber pulls, plie squat hops and so on. it makes me sweat a lot. i still not ready for the jogging thing, but i realize that almost every site recommends it a lot.

i am doing this now for two months. you will not find a person with a lower level of fitness than me.
i am or wasn't fat but not slim either. so i believe there is already a change in physical appearance there. my wife says the same.
the downside is my lack of interest in any other physical activity  ::)  -  i fall in bed and drop into sleep within seconds.
Oscar Wilde

Windigo

TheCommandTent

So I got home from work tonight and the wife says some friends are getting rid of a old treadmill and wanted to know if we wanted it.  So of course she already said yes. We went over and brought it back and after dragging it around the house we are renting in the snow we finally got it inside. Problem is the place we are renting is small so there is not much room for it so its crowding the kitchen table now.  But the wife is excited and it will be nice to get some exercise during these winter months.
"No wants, no needs, we weren't meant for that, none of us.  Man stagnates if he has no ambition, no desire to be more than he is."

GDS_Starfury

by exerecise you mean drinking a beer while you watch her bounce up and down.

I approve of this regime.
Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.

Gusington

Good for you Tent. For reference, I have been using a treadmill and upping the amount I run and have lost ~10 pounds since October.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Silent Disapproval Robot

Bastard.  I've been doing this stupid body for life thing (kinda, can't get to the gym on work days) and I've only lost 8 pounds.

Man, they should make Chivalry for the Wii or Kinect.  That'd be an awesome workout.

bayonetbrant

Quote from: TheCommandTent on December 28, 2012, 09:57:30 PMthe house we are renting in the snow

you rent a different one for when it's not snowing?  that can't be all that efficient...
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

bayonetbrant

The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

bayonetbrant

new office is one the 3d floor.  I think I'm going to start forcing myself to take the stairs, because otherwise I'm not going to slip much exercise into my day.  Supposedly there's a gym across the street run by the office complex folks that we get free access to, but I need the IT dude to get back from vacation for me to get my keycard for it.

TheCommandTent

Quote from: bayonetbrant on December 29, 2012, 07:21:34 AM
Quote from: TheCommandTent on December 28, 2012, 09:57:30 PMthe house we are renting in the snow

you rent a different one for when it's not snowing?  that can't be all that efficient...

I've been grammar nazied.........
"No wants, no needs, we weren't meant for that, none of us.  Man stagnates if he has no ambition, no desire to be more than he is."

TheCommandTent

Quote from: GDS_Starfury on December 29, 2012, 12:16:35 AM
by exerecise you mean drinking a beer while you watch her bounce up and down.

I approve of this regime.

That sounds better than my original plan :)