2019 Running Football Thread

Started by jamus34, August 09, 2019, 10:22:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

airboy

Quote from: JasonPratt on December 03, 2019, 08:47:36 AM
Recently discovered this channel. Totally safe for work (so far as I've seen).

"Yeah, it's way too unfair to have a deep threat like a punt at wide receiver." "Now just wait one second--!" "Wait: ONE second?" "...."

We watch SEC shorts religiously.  You should watch the one just before this with the Tennessee Fan as Rocky.

JasonPratt

I did! -- it was great.  ;D TN as expected takes a satirical beating the past few years (not only in that ep, but that was an epic focus for this year).
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

airboy

For me, football season is over.  And it was a good year.

The Tarheels won half their regular season games and got a bowl bid.  They won their bowl game and also got the advantage of all of the extra practices.

We saw them in person beat Georgia Tech.  UNC also had a top 20 recruiting class for next year.

Auburn disappointed their serious fans, but unfortunately lived up to my preseason projections to my buddies about their inability to run the ball.  They beat Alabama but lost their bowl game.  Overall, they had a very good defense and a weak offense.  Auburn has the #6 recruiting class - but that is 4th in the SEC.

We are highly likely to go to the kickoff classic in Atlanta next August when UNC plays Auburn.

MetalDog

Quote from: airboy on January 01, 2020, 04:58:52 PM
For me, football season is over.  And it was a good year.

The Tarheels won half their regular season games and got a bowl bid.  They won their bowl game and also got the advantage of all of the extra practices.

We saw them in person beat Georgia Tech.  UNC also had a top 20 recruiting class for next year.

Auburn disappointed their serious fans, but unfortunately lived up to my preseason projections to my buddies about their inability to run the ball.  They beat Alabama but lost their bowl game.  Overall, they had a very good defense and a weak offense.  Auburn has the #6 recruiting class - but that is 4th in the SEC.

We are highly likely to go to the kickoff classic in Atlanta next August when UNC plays Auburn.

'Bama lost the Iron Bowl and beat their Big 10 opponent.  Crazy how that works.
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

airboy

^ Many deficiencies of your offense are overcome when your defense scores two touchdowns.

MetalDog

Yeah.  Mac Jones threw 6 touchdowns that night.  Only 4 to his own guys.  Still could have gone either way.  If that kid hadn't missed the FG, can you imagine how many overtimes there would have been?!  Nothing is ever easy in the Iron Bowl.

airboy

Why Saban won't burn a scholarship to get a good, consistent FG kicker is a mystery.

airboy

Congrats to LSU.  SEC West is a beast.

jamus34

Quote from: airboy on January 14, 2020, 11:44:23 AM
Congrats to LSU.  SEC West is a beast.

It'll be a very long time I think before we see a team demolish the NCAA the way LSU did this year. From start to finish it was a sight to behold.
Insert witty comment here.

MetalDog

It was a procession, for sure.  Burrows threw for 60 tds.  That just boggles my mind.