Perseverance - Nerd Superbowl is On! Gametime 3:30 pm EST

Started by ArizonaTank, February 18, 2021, 02:49:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ArizonaTank

Game is on folks....

Perseverance lands on Mars this afternoon approx. 3:30pm US Eastern Standard Time

Pre-game show has started

Watch it here:

https://www.nasa.gov/nasalive
Johannes "Honus" Wagner
"The Flying Dutchman"
Shortstop: Pittsburgh Pirates 1900-1917
Rated as the 2nd most valuable player of all time by Bill James.

Jarhead0331

Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

ArizonaTank

Johannes "Honus" Wagner
"The Flying Dutchman"
Shortstop: Pittsburgh Pirates 1900-1917
Rated as the 2nd most valuable player of all time by Bill James.

steve58

Cr@p...missed it.  Thats what I get for working on my taxes.   >:(
Government is not the solution to our problem—government is the problem.   Ronald Reagan
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell  The truth is quiet...It's the lies that are loud.   Jesus Revolution
If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you're probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)

Sir Slash

"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

steve58

Government is not the solution to our problem—government is the problem.   Ronald Reagan
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell  The truth is quiet...It's the lies that are loud.   Jesus Revolution
If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you're probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)

bobarossa

Watched the 6pm press conference yesterday and had flashbacks to working in the R&D industry.  First 15 minutes was all managers kissing each others ass and thanking everyone.  Finally real engineers and team leads got to talk about what had and will happen with project.  We had a process at work once where they asked us what our pet peeves were.  One of mine was managers who stop by to thank me for my hard work when they have absolutely no idea what I did.

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Pete Dero

Quote from: Gusington on February 19, 2021, 10:53:23 AM
^Your last line there is my entire work existence.

Wait !  Is your work 'statistical factoring and data reconfiguration' ?

Sir Slash

Yeah, my old boss would tell everybody how important to the work I was then quietly ask me, "What's your name again"?
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

bobarossa

On my first job out of college, the boss came by and said I need to produce a report on which data bus we should use in the project (a government job).  I asked if the report's conclusion should be the data bus we were already buying parts for?  He said I should pick whichever one is best for the job.  Being no dummy, the report chose the bus we were already buying. 

Pete Dero

A view of Mars to the rear of Perseverance as seen from a navigation camera

View of Perseverance rover dangling from its sky crane while hovering 2 meters above the surface of Mars

Mars Reconnaissance Orbiter also captured a stunning view of Perseverance from space. Its photo shows Perseverance hanging from its parachute, the largest ever built for another world, as it plunged through the Martian atmosphere.

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

steve58

Frickin incredible.  Finally a plus for 2021.   O0

Suddenly feeling an urge to run off and fire up Kerbal Space Program to try (:2funny:) to duplicate a skycrane rover mission.

bobarossa

In that last photo, the little white circle is the location of the alien wreckage that they want to scavenge technology from.