What toys did you have as a kid?

Started by besilarius, February 18, 2012, 10:29:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Centurion40

Quote from: Steelgrave on February 29, 2012, 02:38:02 PM
Quote from: Keunert on February 29, 2012, 02:36:55 PM
Commodore Amiga 500
My first computer was the Commodore 64. When my brother gave me his Commodore 128 I thought I was in heaven  8)

My first was a 128.  :P
Any time is a good time for pie.

Centurion40

Quote from: MIGMaster on February 24, 2012, 01:29:02 PM
Ihad had a fewof them,  but my fav was the GI Joe jeep with the recoiless rifle. I loved that thing man ! I used to fill up the jeep and trailer with my GI Joes and Big Jim's - remember those !

I had lots of GI Joe stuff and some Big Jim as well!  A neighbour had a GI Joe Jeep (circa 1970) with a .50 cal.  It was awesome!  Another kid had a GI Joe space capsule, also friggen awesome!

From the original list on the website, I also had:

the Matchbox car city
Legos
Viewmaster 3D
a Lionel train set
Spirograph
lots and lots of Hotwheels & tracks

I also had lots of these space toys and action figures from the mid-late 1960s.  I don't remember the name of them, but I loved 'em!

Centurion40

Centurion40

Quote from: Epee1 on February 29, 2012, 08:59:43 PM
These were the toy guns that I played with.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2g8ex_Ems2o&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cvCTJlADySQ&feature=related

I used to have a black snub nose revolver like that six-shooter.  But that Gung-Ho commando stuff... WOW!!!

Centurion40

Quote from: Keunert on March 01, 2012, 05:31:21 AM
looks like Epee1 wins this competition. i had lots of Playmobil, mostly castles and knights. they constantly fought the us cavallery.

Looks awesome!  A friend had lots of Playmobil stuff, but nothing that cool!

Centurion40

Quote from: Centurion40 on March 02, 2012, 10:33:40 AM

I also had lots of these space toys and action figures from the mid-late 1960s.  I don't remember the name of them, but I loved 'em!

Found it!

Major Matt Mason!!

MIGMaster

I had them too ! I feel like I'm going back in time..................... cue going back in time music

LongBlade

My greatest love was Legos.

I can remember when we finally got Legos angled at 45 degrees. That was huge.

I used to build spaceships with them and then draw the blueprints on graph paper.

Guess maybe I should have been a naval architect of something.
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

Shelldrake

Quote from: Centurion40 on March 02, 2012, 10:43:11 AM

Found it!

Major Matt Mason!!

Me too! Did you have the zipline jetpack? Only problem was the wire in the Major's joints quickly broke rendering him poseless. :(
"Just because something is beyond your comprehension doesn't mean it is scientific."

Dean Edell

Shelldrake

I didn't have Lego or Mechano sets but was the proud owner of a Girders and Panel construction kit. I wonder why I never became an engineer?

"Just because something is beyond your comprehension doesn't mean it is scientific."

Dean Edell

Martok

Quote from: LongBlade on March 02, 2012, 11:34:05 AM
My greatest love was Legos.
Same.  Transformers were a close second for me (at the time), but Legos were so damn versatile that they won out in the end. 

I was always building spaceships, complete with detachable fighter craft and land vehicles.  In addition, I loved building "Transformers" (of my own design), including so-called "combiner" teams.  Hard to believe now I did all that! 

"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

MIGMaster

I had this Shogun Warrior and bought all the comics:

Arctic Blast

GI Joe was number one for me. Transformers and LEGO were up there, but it was all about Joe. It didn't hurt that a few friends also had a crap ton of GI Joe stuff. We would pick someone's basement and begin these absolutely epic battles that went on for weeks. Hundreds of Joe and Cobra characters, tanks, jets, helicopters, the aircraft carrier, EVERYTHING. Led to some interesting discussions...

Mom : Why are there strings going everywhere?

Me : DON'T TOUCH THOSE, MOM! My special ops guys need those zip lines to get behind his base!

besilarius

http://www.flickr.com/photos/tom1231/232292157/

Anyone have any of the Marx Playsets?  Got the Robin Hood set when was about eight and it sold me on miniatures.  Loved the big size of the Marx figures, over two inches in height.
Then when the TV show, "The Untouchables" hit it big, Marx brought out a play set for that.
Really kind of odd to put Al Capone and Frank Nitti into a kids playset.
My favorite figure was the gangster who was shot and his pistol was dropping out of his fingers.
"Most gods throw dice, but Fate plays chess, and you don't find out until too late that he's been playing with two queens all along".  Terry Pratchett.

During filming of Airplane, Leslie Nielsen used a whoopee cushion to keep the cast off-balance. Hays said that Nielsen "played that thing like a maestro"

Tallulah Bankhead: "I'll come and make love to you at five o'clock. If I'm late, start without me."

"When all other trusts fail, turn to Flashman." — Abraham Lincoln.

"I have enjoyed very warm relations with my two husbands."
"With your eyes closed?"
"That helped."  Lauren Bacall

Master Chiefs are sneaky, dastardly, and snarky miscreants who thrive on the tears of Ensigns and belly dancers.   Admiral Gerry Bogan.

Steelgrave

Quote from: Centurion40 on March 02, 2012, 10:43:11 AM

Found it!

Major Matt Mason!!

Nice find! I got the Major and the round bubble thingie one Christmas. Anything space or sci-fi always caught my attention.