More Pix For A Laugh

Started by bayonetbrant, January 16, 2013, 05:16:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

besilarius

Well, of course everyone does.
"Most gods throw dice, but Fate plays chess, and you don't find out until too late that he's been playing with two queens all along".  Terry Pratchett.

During filming of Airplane, Leslie Nielsen used a whoopee cushion to keep the cast off-balance. Hays said that Nielsen "played that thing like a maestro"

Tallulah Bankhead: "I'll come and make love to you at five o'clock. If I'm late, start without me."

"When all other trusts fail, turn to Flashman." — Abraham Lincoln.

"I have enjoyed very warm relations with my two husbands."
"With your eyes closed?"
"That helped."  Lauren Bacall

Master Chiefs are sneaky, dastardly, and snarky miscreants who thrive on the tears of Ensigns and belly dancers.   Admiral Gerry Bogan.

LongBlade

All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

Marty Ward

Quote from: LongBlade on April 27, 2015, 10:18:11 PM

In the end this is what it boils down to - was Jenner negligent?

Accidents happen. Bad accidents happen.

I don't want to get too technical, but in the US and all states as I understand it, if you rear-end someone you are at fault. It doesn't matter if they negligently squeaked into a space they shouldn't have been able to do so, you are at fault if you hit the rear bumper. Period.

I still haven't heard a good why/how this happened, and I'll reserve judgement until I do. It may (or may not) come to pass that Jenner was technically at fault whereas whoever it was in front of him really drover poorly. Or maybe he was texting. I don't know. All I know is I haven't heard anything definitive. Not that I have much dog in this argument, but let's see where the dust settles.

I definitely think he was at fault for the accident but it was just that, an accident. He was tested for alcohol and none was found. He gave his phone up and it did not appear he was talking or texting, though I don't think it can tell if you are reading a text. He did react in time to not rear end the car. He's 65 year old, lots of 65 year olds have bad reflexes even if they were an Olympic gold medal winner at 20.
If it looks like chicken, tastes like chicken, and feels like chicken but Chuck Norris says its beef, then it's beef.

If women had apostrophes instead of periods they would be even more possessive!

Marty Ward

Quote from: MetalDog on April 27, 2015, 10:30:32 PM

Your first sentence was correct.  Everything after that is semantics.  Getting in to your car should bring a level of alertness that doesn't allow for inattention on your part or of the vehicles around you.  Any lapse on your part, whatever your intention, is still a lapse on your part.  Therefore, anything that happens has a cause and can't be an accident.

Really? Semantics? Of course everything has a cause. Next time you damage your car in a car cause, call you call your insurance company and tell them you want to file a Cause report, see how fast you get it fixed :)

If it looks like chicken, tastes like chicken, and feels like chicken but Chuck Norris says its beef, then it's beef.

Marty Ward

I'm putting one of these on my car.

Marty Ward

I'm putting in my application today!

Marty Ward

Barthheart

Barthheart

LongBlade

Barthheart

..... Flaming Waterfall....  ???  :idiot2:

LongBlade

besilarius

"Most gods throw dice, but Fate plays chess, and you don't find out until too late that he's been playing with two queens all along".  Terry Pratchett.

During filming of Airplane, Leslie Nielsen used a whoopee cushion to keep the cast off-balance. Hays said that Nielsen "played that thing like a maestro"

Tallulah Bankhead: "I'll come and make love to you at five o'clock. If I'm late, start without me."

"When all other trusts fail, turn to Flashman." — Abraham Lincoln.

"I have enjoyed very warm relations with my two husbands."
"With your eyes closed?"
"That helped."  Lauren Bacall

Master Chiefs are sneaky, dastardly, and snarky miscreants who thrive on the tears of Ensigns and belly dancers.   Admiral Gerry Bogan.

MetalDog

Quote from: Marty Ward on April 28, 2015, 08:37:24 AM
Quote from: MetalDog on April 27, 2015, 10:30:32 PM

Your first sentence was correct.  Everything after that is semantics.  Getting in to your car should bring a level of alertness that doesn't allow for inattention on your part or of the vehicles around you.  Any lapse on your part, whatever your intention, is still a lapse on your part.  Therefore, anything that happens has a cause and can't be an accident.

Really? Semantics? Of course everything has a cause. Next time you damage your car in a car cause, call you call your insurance company and tell them you want to file a Cause report, see how fast you get it fixed :)

The misnaming of things, laws, procedures, events, etc. ad infinitum is a failure to understand the language used to name them.  So the fact that insurance companies call them accident reports is a misuse of the language.  Good to see you agree with me though :)
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

Marty Ward

Quote from: MetalDog on April 28, 2015, 06:03:11 PM
Good to see you agree with me though :)

Must just be an accident! ;)