Main Menu

Alan Wake 2

Started by Grim.Reaper, October 28, 2023, 04:57:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grim.Reaper

Not my kind of typical game, but saw just about every review giving it high marks so decided to pick it up.  Bought for my Xbox, although available on PC.  Never played the first Alan Wake so didn't know what really to expect but so far so good as the story is building.  It's one of those survival horror games which even the intro so far is kind of creepy and setting up for a decent story.  The graphics and performance very good so far and the dialog seems well done.

Not sure if the first had this but kind of a mystery detective built in with a key component being an investigative board where you place all the clues and evidence, stringing them together to paint a story.  Pretty cool so far, but not sure how tedious it might be to use throughout.

Again, not something I typically would have purchased but so far no regrets....

Gusington

^I loved the first one. One of the cool features was the use of light as a defensive weapon, I really loved that. Is that included here?

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Grim.Reaper

Yes, if your in light, it protects at least so far on early levels

Redwolf

I hear the PC version has really steep hardware requirements.

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: Redwolf on October 28, 2023, 03:54:20 PMI hear the PC version has really steep hardware requirements.

If you want to play maxed out, then probably...but lower settings seem more reasonable, although ssd is required for all.  Requirements shown below.

https://store.epicgames.com/en-US/p/alan-wake-2

Gusington

Epic exclusive? Don't see it on Steam :/

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Grim.Reaper

Believe so..I bought the Xbox version myself

Gusington

I'm patient, I'll wait.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

SirAndrewD

Who in the heck is this Alan Wake dude and why is Steam recommending I buy Cuckold Chair Simulator 2023?
"These men do not want a happy ship. They are deeply sick and try to compensate by making me feel miserable. Last week was my birthday. Nobody even said "happy birthday" to me. Someday this tape will be played and then they'll feel sorry."  - Sgt. Pinback