Schilling: Company crash cost me baseball fortune

Started by Fighting Farmer, June 22, 2012, 04:44:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mirth

Quote from: Michael Dorosh on June 24, 2012, 11:27:11 AM
For what it is worth, Kingdoms_of_Amalur: Reckoning was released this year. It received critical praise, including a 9 of 10 score by IGN. Wikipedia cites a source saying it sold 330,000 units in the U.S.

The IGN score is a bit higher than most of the other scores the game was given, but I agree that it was mostly well received. It apparently sold 1.2 million copies in it's first 90 days, but that may not have been even half of what was needed to break even.

http://www.joystiq.com/2012/05/24/kingdoms-of-amalur-reckoning-had-to-sell-3m-just-to-break-even/

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

Nefaro

Quote from: Michael Dorosh on June 24, 2012, 11:27:11 AM

I really suggest you do some research on the subject before calling names, either here on the forum, or with respect to Curt Schilling, who is a pretty well-respected member of many different communities - sports, wargaing, video game, etc.

You suggest I what?   ::)

Mirth just posted a brief rundown of how things were going for the company.  There's no need to pretend everything was hunky-dory the whole time.  If you've convinced yourself that no mistakes were made, then please continue on thinking so - just don't bother trying to convince me or tell me where to go.   

I've not called names yet, but if you want to continue "suggesting" I do anything, then perhaps we'll arrive at that point.