New CLOD-like nightmares

Started by MengJiao, July 31, 2013, 10:56:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MengJiao

The horror that was almost the Battle of Moscow slithers into the innocent heart of DCS:

http://simhq.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/3808839/confirmed_luthier_RRG_and_DCS_#Post3808839

jomni

eyebiter

CLOD = IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover, a World War II flight simulation.

jomni

I know that but why is this news significant? and what is actually news in that link?

magnus

Luthier took over the 1C or Maddox game designing after Oleg Maddox went missing.

He has always promised the moon and stars and has never delivered.

Pacific fighters was his first baby as I recall and that had everyone in a tizzy about all the missing planes and what had been promised to what was delivered.

The article is about him designing WWII planes or a full game for DCS.

jomni

Thanks for the synopsis. I never really delved into who's doing what.
So you mean his bad rep will be spreading over to the DCS world?

Staggerwing

Quote from: magnus on July 31, 2013, 06:31:45 PM
Luthier took over the 1C or Maddox game designing after Oleg Maddox went missing.

Say what?!?
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

Staggerwing

I knew he was out of the company. I didn't know he fell off the face of the earth...
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

Nefaro

Quote from: Staggerwing on August 01, 2013, 05:27:02 AM
I knew he was out of the company. I didn't know he fell off the face of the earth...

No kidding!

I missed all this drama because I didn't really play IL-2 much at all, and never even tried CLOD.  Hell.. as far as I knew, he was still doing something in the company.   :o

Jarhead0331

Speaking of CLOD, I recently installed the TF Mod.  The game looks great and appears to run great, as well...however, after flying for about 5 to 10 minutes, I get a hard lock-up/freeze.  Anybody have any idea what may be causing this? 
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Yskonyn

Quoteit seems that this project will morph DCS's current p51 and fw190 stand alone aircraft into a fully featured ww2 sim with extensive new objects and theater environment (with new features), and it will combine DCS's 24/7 dynamic campaign engine (as functioning in their modern era fully integrated flightsim products) and the new DCS gfx engine (EDGE)

What dynamic campaign? DCS has none.

This stinks and yet another project that will spread the focus of ED... *sigh*.

While I do think a proper WW2 era inside DCS would be super cool with the flight model on par of the current P-51D, I am a bit worried (and have been for a longer time) about the focus and priorities of ED.
Lots of stuff gets delayed while they keep on adding new stuff to their list of to-do...

They have won my heart bigtime with the A-10C and I am a proper fan of that model / module, but I am getting more sceptical about their future releases.
"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."

Silent Disapproval Robot

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on August 01, 2013, 08:54:40 AM
Speaking of CLOD, I recently installed the TF Mod.  The game looks great and appears to run great, as well...however, after flying for about 5 to 10 minutes, I get a hard lock-up/freeze.  Anybody have any idea what may be causing this?

Are you using Teamspeak?  I know CLOD doesn't like the TS overlay and will crash because of that.

Tuna

In the past, I played on ATAG server with TS and no issues. Or do mean it has an issue if you're running the Mod and TS?

Jarhead0331

Quote from: Silent Disapproval Robot on August 01, 2013, 09:36:09 AM
Quote from: Jarhead0331 on August 01, 2013, 08:54:40 AM

Are you using Teamspeak?  I know CLOD doesn't like the TS overlay and will crash because of that.

Negative.  No TS.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18