Share your Screenshots!

Started by TheCommandTent, April 02, 2012, 09:37:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Moreb

A shell explodes off of the hull of a PzIV

When dongles fly? - mirth

-budd-

Man that was a lucky timely snap shot, no second chances for screen shots in Graviteam games. Nice shot.
Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must.  ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Be Yourself; Everyone Else is Taken ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.

Moreb

Thanks. Edited for size. That Pz IV crew is still battling it out. Took out the T-34 and is now in another duel.

Moreb

Takes out another. A couple crew members made it out but their injuries were too severe.

Moreb

Dang man. This IV takes out another. One crew member makes it out and about 100 yards across the field in a run for his life while being chased down with the hull machine gun until the main gun blasts him. What a devil crew it is. I move him forward.

Moreb

All of this happens in the span of 5 minutes or so. It starts getting pelted from a lend-lease Sherman that proves to be more than this crew can handle as they panic and exit the IV and are taking cover. Maybe they will gather their nerves and re-enter?

Moreb

Upon further inspection, the IV took a round into the turret that killed 2 members. It is out of the fight. The Sherman exchanged shots with a Stug III Ausf E and moved away from contact. That Stug is now advancing as a forward command sends up a signal as to the direction of the spotted enemy. Black denotes a target.

Rayfer

Excellent screenies and commentary moreb...thanks.

Moreb

Quote from: Rayfer on July 28, 2019, 02:34:04 PM
Excellent screenies and commentary moreb...thanks.

Thank you. And thanks to Grogs for the platform.

Moreb

As the Stug moves in around the fortified hill, a hidden and dug in SU-152 engages it. As you can see from the penetration chart, it will have no problems breaching the Stug that is frantically firing in vain against the beast.

Moreb

At this point, I'm not sure if these should be posted in the AAR thread? I wasn't planning on such a big number of screens but this has gotten good. Let me know if this has become too much.

Things ended as expected with the Stug. But the brave crew, what was left of them, remanned their IV. I will try to flank the lumbering beast 152 with it and a couple of other Stu's if I have time. In the last screen shows the position of the 152 (Blue tank symbol), the IV (green), and the recently departed Stug (box). Maybe I can move through the woods?

Moreb

Last series of screens for this battle. I amassed a small force with the IV and 2 Stug's which flanked and destroyed the 152, flames belching out 2 of the penetrations. The AAR showed that the destroyed Stug of mine must have killed the Sherman with a great shot. I hadn't noticed. The track had blown and the tank must have continued over the bailed, and deceased, crew member.

Total Victory. Medals shall shower these brave men.

Edit to add that in case some didn't notice how the game map is on this particular battle. The open ground is almost devoid of snow while it is still somewhat thick in the wooded sections. Other maps have very deep snow that can accumulate with drifts depending on the weather throughout the op.

-budd-

Nice screens Moreb. I think those are my favorite type maps , some light forest, with some small elevation changes to move unseen. So this is an OP , not a QB?. How are you finding the recent changes?

You should do a visual AAR, that would be a good read.

Every time I see screens i want to boot up the game, it's been awhile. I'm a couple of DLC's behind. Kind of sucked into FOG:Empires and Armored Brigade at the moment.

Moreb

Thanks again. No, this is part of the revamped Come into Battle mode, the point buy battle generator. The newest update included the ability to issue the full modifiers for orders although the unit structure and command system is still simplified. As far as the ops go, I just got into town so I haven't played them in about a month, but I am a fan of the direction they are taking in eliminating the ahistorical actions of shooting the Battlegroups all over the op map. It needs work still imo, but again, I think they are moving in the right direction.

Maybe I'll do an AAR in the near future? Possibly for Under the Cruel Star, the smaller and manageable operation set in the deep snow around Bulahki.

How is Empires? I've never played FoG so I'm not sure if it is my thing. I have played AB, and while I did find some of it refreshing, the movement seemed a little clunky for me. I will have to revisit it soon.

-budd-

Quote from: Moreb on July 29, 2019, 01:31:36 AM
Thanks again. No, this is part of the revamped Come into Battle mode, the point buy battle generator. The newest update included the ability to issue the full modifiers for orders although the unit structure and command system is still simplified. As far as the ops go, I just got into town so I haven't played them in about a month, but I am a fan of the direction they are taking in eliminating the ahistorical actions of shooting the Battlegroups all over the op map. It needs work still imo, but again, I think they are moving in the right direction.

Maybe I'll do an AAR in the near future? Possibly for Under the Cruel Star, the smaller and manageable operation set in the deep snow around Bulahki.

How is Empires? I've never played FoG so I'm not sure if it is my thing. I have played AB, and while I did find some of it refreshing, the movement seemed a little clunky for me. I will have to revisit it soon.

4X games aren't my main genre, but i really like this game. I don't use FOG2 to resolve battles as much as i thought i would, just the crucial ones. i like the legacy decadence mechanic, its a nice check on the common take over the world thing/rapid expansion thing in 4X games. I've only played as 3 countries but there goals are different, and they play differently. Rising and falling through the decades can make for a cool story. You defiantly have to plan far off into the future and balance a few things along the way, and deal with unfortunate events that happen along the way. It definitely gave me that one more turn feeling. I am hopeful that they expand the diplomacy and add some more events for flavor. This game is just different than your usual 4X games, but as always YMMV.

AB- I'm not much of a modern warfare guy but i'm enjoying this game more and more. It has its moments, while certainly not as cinematic as Graviteam game moments i do get that feeling at certain moments in the game. I've pretty much figured out the movement stuff. I use a lot of disabled waypoints in my planning, don't bunch up your traffic and use as few waypoints as you need, also helps to use the right orders and formations. My problem is using my troops right, game gets deadly quick. I'm learning, but slowly.