Main Menu

Israel

Started by GDS_Starfury, October 07, 2023, 07:14:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Groggy

I'll just say this:

I've been reading claims that Israel is all good and Palestinians all bad, and many claims that say the exact opposite. It appears to me that members of both groups are doing great evils, while others of both groups suffer great evils.
I feel only grief and pain from it. And this is only the beginning because in the not so distant future we are going to see more disruption, violence, and general bizarreness with the geopolitical order. Change my mind.
''War is the unfolding of miscalculations.''-Barbara Tuchman

Sigwolf

Quote from: Groggy on November 04, 2023, 07:59:37 PMChange my mind.

As a general rule, anyone that ends a message in that fashion has already made up their mind, and any attempt to change it is an exercise in futility.

GDS_Starfury

the Arab world at large and certain specific groups have been trying to eradicate Israel from day 1.  many wars and countless terrorist acts later and you'll excuse me if I really don't give a fuck about the pali plight.  they were given gaza to do with as they please and decided to elect a terrorist organization to power.
has the IDF randomly lobbed rockets into gaza and the west back for shit and giggles?  no they haven't.
so spare me your grief and your wish to both sides this issue.
Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.

GDS_Starfury

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

GDS_Starfury

GDS_Starfury

GDS_Starfury

the stupidity...

Groggy

Quote from: GDS_Starfury on November 04, 2023, 10:45:40 PMthe Arab world at large and certain specific groups have been trying to eradicate Israel from day 1.  many wars and countless terrorist acts later and you'll excuse me if I really don't give a fuck about the pali plight.  they were given gaza to do with as they please and decided to elect a terrorist organization to power.
has the IDF randomly lobbed rockets into gaza and the west back for shit and giggles?  no they haven't.
so spare me your grief and your wish to both sides this issue.

The biggest part of the problem the way I see it is that Israel has a very right wing aspiring autocrat who needs a war to stay in power. And an extremists right wing fundamentalist autocratic government who refuses to hold elections and needs war to further their reign from their safe locations in Qatar.  So the problem is the leadership.  That is where we should focus.
''War is the unfolding of miscalculations.''-Barbara Tuchman

Gusington

There's also the problem of billions of people latching on to this war as a new cause to wipe out Jews.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Tripoli

"Do I not destroy my enemies when I make them my friends?" -Abraham Lincoln

Gusington

^Good link, Tripoli. If only people would read it.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

al_infierno

"Leftists in English-speaking nations tend to see Palestinians (including Hamas) as an oppressed, brown victim class, whose freedom-fighting "resistance" against their oppressive, white, US-backed colonizers in Israel is a righteous cause with which to stand in solidarity."

This perfectly describes the common sentiment I see across Twitter.  Nothing all that more deeply examined than "white-backed US colonizers bad, oppressed brown-skinned people good"
A War of a Madman's Making - a text-based war planning and political survival RPG

It makes no difference what men think of war, said the judge.  War endures.  As well ask men what they think of stone.  War was always here.  Before man was, war waited for him.  The ultimate trade awaiting its ultimate practitioner.  That is the way it was and will be.  That way and not some other way.
- Cormac McCarthy, Blood Meridian

If they made nothing but WWII games, I'd be perfectly content.  Hypothetical matchups from alternate history 1980s, asymmetrical US-bashes-some-3rd world guerillas, or minor wars between Upper Bumblescum and outer Kaboomistan hold no appeal for me.
- Silent Disapproval Robot

I guess it's sort of nice that the word "tactical" seems to refer to some kind of seriousness during your moments of mental clarity.
- MengJiao

Gusington

^Can we pit these idiots against the other idiots who see me as subhuman because I'm Jewish?

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

W8taminute

I came across this video clip on my YT feed this morning.  Wanted to share it and I hope it brings some comfort and understanding about why the world is the way it is. 

No this is not a proselytizing video, it's one of logic.  Some will understand this Rabbi's message and some will not.   

"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

JasonPratt

Quote from: Groggy on November 05, 2023, 04:01:07 PMThe biggest part of the problem the way I see it is that Israel has a very right wing aspiring autocrat who needs a war to stay in power. And an extremists right wing fundamentalist autocratic government who refuses to hold elections and needs war to further their reign from their safe locations in Qatar.  So the problem is the leadership.  That is where we should focus.

So, just to be sure I understand your claim, you think Netanyahu, the elected president of an actual democratic republic which guarantees human rights to its citizens including freedom of religion, engineered a more-severe-than-usual Hamas attack on his people in order to keep from being voted out of office, and this is one of the things we should be focusing on?

And if so, would you consider that to be the biggest part of the problem, or only equally big of a problem as the actual genocidal fascist leadership by actual autocrats who (as actual autocrats) cannot be voted out of their reign and aren't in the area being attacked by their opponents unlike Netanyahu, and who have absolutely no concept of the protection of other people's fundamental rights?
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!