{dum dum dum dum dum, dum-dum}

Old James Bond, is sad and old and all

only four films in

and already, somehow

the writing's on the waaaalllll....

Creepy ser -- enaaaade...

As Bond walks -- my waaaayyy...

:2funny: :2funny: :2funny: :2funny:
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Nefaro

Quote from: Martok on June 18, 2015, 06:15:41 AM
Quote from: GDS_Starfury on June 17, 2015, 11:15:03 PM
books are always better.
Except for non-horror stories written by Stephen King.  I found the film adaptations for Shawshank, Stand By Me, and The Green Mile to all be superior to the original works.

Stephen King really isn't a very good writer IMO.  A good storyteller, sure, but his writing style often gets in the way.  Not a big fan of struggling through his prose to get to the good bits.

His best writing were his short stories, where he didn't get lost in annoying & needless literary wanderings so much.  I enjoy a lot of detail, if the writer has an engrossing or beautiful style, but 'ole Stephen doesn't have that.

DoctorQuest

Saw this with my son last night. Pretty standard Bond fare with the typical "Bond can hit anything but the bad guys can't" gun battles and the eternal question of why the hell isn't the guy dead from concussions?

The bad guy survives in the end so look for at least one more movie I would think.

They crank up the gadgets just a bit with the car and the watch. Lot's of good action flying sequences.

Did NOT care for the theme song.
"Everything you read on the internet is true." - Benjamin Franklin

"Zero-G and I feel fine....." - John Glenn

"I reject your reality and substitute my own." - Adam Savage, inventor of the alternative fact.

JasonPratt

My Dad can't really go to movies anymore, and I don't like going to see movies without him or someone else to share them with (and the nearest theater is 45 minutes away); so I haven't seen this yet.

An author-friend of mine saw it and she thought it was not very good. And she liked Skyfall whereas my appreciation of that movie is highly mixed. So I'm increasingly dubious about catching this in theaters.

http://swan-tower.livejournal.com/749833.html
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Centurion40

I didn't care for Skyfall, and therefore I have avoided Spectre thus far.  A friend saw it and said he almost fell asleep, twice.  A local radio morning zoo guy also said to stay away.
Any time is a good time for pie.

airboy

I saw it and it was OK.

The problem with the series is they have so many "traditional" bond elements they have to work into a film that it gets bogged down.

Also, the "villain" is the exact same thing in the last couple of superhero movies.  Captain America did this villain a lot better.

BanzaiCat

I've tried to get into this movie a few times and just can't do it. It's not very engaging at all.

I have a bad feeling the whole Bond franchise is about to shit the bed, especially if Craig is as done with these movies as he's said he is.

Sir Slash

Glad I didn't see it in the theater now. May skip PPV too. Too bad because JB was one of my favorites growing up. And Connery's SPECTRE were really cool.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.