Kong: Skull Island

Started by mirth, July 23, 2016, 06:19:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sir Slash

At least nobody's said 'dongle' yet. Oh, wait. I just did.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

MetalDog

Quote from: bayonetbrant on July 18, 2017, 09:35:28 PM
Quote from: MetalDog on July 18, 2017, 09:05:54 PM
I know this sounds obvious, but...you guys have waaaaaaaaaay too much time on your hands.  And useless s*it clogging up your brains.

I didn't write it; I just cut & pasted it

You read it.  And that requires time.  And possible retention. 

Quote from: Sir Slash on July 18, 2017, 09:44:24 PM
At least nobody's said 'dongle' yet. Oh, wait. I just did.

Kongle?
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

JasonPratt

Kongle hands are not safe. I saw it in the video.  :hide:
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

mirth

Quote from: MetalDog on July 18, 2017, 09:05:54 PM
I know this sounds obvious, but...you guys have waaaaaaaaaay too much time on your hands.  And useless s*it clogging up your brains.

This from the guy spending countless hours putting together song brackets and then bickering with Brant about said brackets.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

ghostryder

Rented this on Amazon. I enjoyed it. great cast of characters and they made Kong the badass he needs to be. Pretty decent CGI -- light plot but entertaining.

trailrunner

I watched this yesterday on the plane coming back from Germany.  Campy, light plot, and not a bad way to spend two hours on a long flight.  The creatures on the island were imaginative and pretty neat.

BanzaiCat

I actually enjoyed this movie. What a shocker!

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

Sir Slash

"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

mirth

My son badgered me into buying this. I only caught parts of it, but it seemed like good fun. Certainly better than Godzilla.

My son watched it three times over the weekend, so it has an 8 year boy's seal of approval.

mirth

There was also a nice little nod to Sam Jackson's role in Jurassic Park.

JasonPratt

^^ "Hold onto your butts!"
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

mirth

mirth

He doesn't have a great track record in 'monster' movies. Jurassic Park, Deep Blue Sea, Kong...dead, dead, dead.

Staggerwing

Quote from: mirth on August 14, 2017, 05:02:32 PM
He doesn't have a great track record in 'monster' movies. Jurassic Park, Deep Blue Sea, Kong...dead, dead, dead.

Hey now! Spoilers!  :tickedoff:
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys