The Great, White Winter of 2017

Started by MetalDog, January 05, 2017, 11:55:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Emeraldlis

Nice  :)  8) I've always wanted to own a car with a top down . Never have ....maybe one day  :) still though , not doing it in cold weather  :D not unless there's some kind of giant turbo charged super heater in the car .....industrial sized heating is what I'd be needing  O:-)
"Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm " winston Churchill 😉
"Whether 'tis nobler in the mind to suffer the slings and arrows of outrageous fortune , or to take arms against a sea of trouble ,and by opposing end them "  hamlet  🎭

A bad hobbit is hard to break - Staggerwing
Booooo!!!!! Repeat !!!!!!!   - MetalDog

Toonces

"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

Toonces

Pretty?  Or pretty friggin' cold?

???

:-\

"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

Gusington

Why waste time staring at the camera when you could be out there dying of hypothermia and drowning in icy water?

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Sir Slash

Doesn't look that cold.... from here.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

MikeGER

Quote from: Gusington on January 31, 2017, 06:53:37 PM
Why waste time staring at the camera when you could be out there dying of hypothermia and drowning in icy water?

its called he's pulling a Titanic in local surfer urban dictionary, isn't it ? 

JasonPratt

ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

MikeGER

Quote from: JasonPratt on February 01, 2017, 09:55:33 AM
I'd call it POLAR BOARDING!  :bd:

no, that's a interrogation technic when the safehouse is loacted near the arctic circle ;)

JasonPratt

"You know how they say being buried by an avalanche basically involves smothering in snow? Well..."  :knuppel2:
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

mirth

More snow today and sleet/freezing rain tonight. Not a major storm, but enough to make a mess of things.

50F tomorrow. And then they're calling for blizzard conditions Thursday.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

Toonces

bbmike

Quote from: mirth on February 07, 2017, 04:54:00 PM
More snow today and sleet/freezing rain tonight. Not a major storm, but enough to make a mess of things.

50F tomorrow. And then they're calling for blizzard conditions Thursday.

Lucky you. Send some of that to DC. I would love blizzard conditions on Thursday!
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

OJsDad

Almost 60 here today. 1-2 inches of snow tomorrow.
'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

Gusington

Ice this morning - scary to drive in. 50 degrees tomorrow, then a foot of snow Thursday.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Sir Slash

In the eighties here in Fla. Overnight low of 60 degrees and 3 feet of Sunshine predicted for the weekend. I'm not worried though because it's the dry, powdery sunshine not the wet, slushy stuff. Think I'll start on my tan early this year.  8)
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.