The Great, White Winter of 2017

Started by MetalDog, January 05, 2017, 11:55:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bayonetbrant

Quote from: mirth on March 15, 2017, 03:44:09 PMAnd there's more snow coming this weekend.

We're supposed to get rain on Saturday.  It might have been snow, if it wasn't going to be in the 60s here that day.
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Gusington

Yeah we're supposed to get another half foot of snow Saturday...if today's snow showers ever end. It has been snowing here straight since 10pm Monday night.

Saturday's weather would cancel my State Guard drill. Which would be kind of a downer because it would be the first one I am teaching lessons at, entering the annals of proud teaching grogs like Toonces, BB, etc.

Oh well there's always next drill.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

trailrunner

Quote from: bayonetbrant on March 15, 2017, 07:48:18 AM
Fucking hell - it was 24° out here at the bus stop today!

It was 20 F at my bus stop this morning, and windy.

trailrunner

After this snow storm, I'm going to have to fix my car.  After driving it over the ice and snow of 16 winters, a piece of plastic skid plate came loose and is flopping around. 

I could probably live without it, but I'm an engineer and I have a bin of zip-ties, so I just have to fix it.

Sir Slash

Over night predicted low here in Fla. is 39 degrees. YIKES! If the temp gets below 35, all natural-born Floridians spin ourselves into a cocoon made of sun tan oil and old flip-flops and hibernate under our beds until July. We can be revived early by playing Jimmy Buffet tunes.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

mirth

Quote from: Gusington on March 15, 2017, 04:24:35 PM
Yeah we're supposed to get another half foot of snow Saturday...if today's snow showers ever end. It has been snowing here straight since 10pm Monday night.

Saturday's weather would cancel my State Guard drill. Which would be kind of a downer because it would be the first one I am teaching lessons at, entering the annals of proud teaching grogs like Toonces, BB, etc.

Oh well there's always next drill.

Entering the anals of what?
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

OJsDad

Quote from: Sir Slash on March 15, 2017, 10:05:16 PM
Over night predicted low here in Fla. is 39 degrees. YIKES! If the temp gets below 35, all natural-born Floridians spin ourselves into a cocoon made of sun tan oil and old flip-flops and hibernate under our beds until July. We can be revived early by playing Jimmy Buffet tunes.

I thought you kept the cocoons in a heated pool. 

'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Sir Slash

An indoor pool would be just about right now but all I got is an outdoor one and it's still a little chilly for cocoons or family jewels. It has been a really strange winter. Very warm here but without any rain. Not even one single frost at my house.  :o   March can go either way, stay winter, become spring or both. Right now it looks to be considering all it's options and cannot decide.  #:-)
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Windigo

Quote from: trailrunner on March 15, 2017, 04:25:28 PM
Quote from: bayonetbrant on March 15, 2017, 07:48:18 AM
Fucking hell - it was 24° out here at the bus stop today!

It was 20 F at my bus stop this morning, and windy.

what?   :)
My doctor wrote me a prescription for daily sex.

My wife insists that it says dyslexia but what does she know.

Gusington

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Toonces

So, I thought you guys might find this of interest.  Tuesday in New Jersey...pretty damn epic.

I got a few here in RI, but it wasn't lined up hollow like these waves in this video.

"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

Toonces

Surfer being interviewed by local news:

"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

bayonetbrant

High 70s here today
Actually had to get out sunscreen at the elementary school fun run fund raiser
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus