Walking dead season 8

Started by ghostryder, October 25, 2017, 01:31:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mirth

Quote from: Barthheart on November 02, 2017, 07:22:10 AM
Quote from: mirth on November 02, 2017, 07:20:13 AM
Quote from: ghostryder on November 02, 2017, 07:09:29 AM
Thirdly..none of the above is even relevant to the premise of the show---a zombie show..

Exactly, it's a show about the zombie apocalypse. You're bitching because gay characters are ruining the "realism" of your zombie apocalypse show.

And what about a zombie apocalypse precludes gays being present? 3% or 5% some will end up as zombies and some will be normal.

In Ghostie's mind, all the zombies are gay. The show is an allegory for the liberal/homosexual takeover of 'murica.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

ghostryder

You see the tactic here? Not anything I said was about anything but the agenda. I said not one thing about gays as a person, persons or whatever. Just the agenda they push. And look at the political Correct Bullshit trying to put words in my mouth and label me. It's quite frankly disgusting.

mirth

Quote from: ghostryder on November 02, 2017, 07:27:16 AM
You see the tactic here? Not anything I said was about anything but the agenda. I said not one thing about gays as a person, persons or whatever. Just the agenda they push. And look at the political Correct Bullshit trying to put words in my mouth and label me. It's quite frankly disgusting.

You brought the topic up. You bitched about the homosexual characters on the show. No one else was discussing it at all. You brought it up. Sorry if the rest of us don't share in your homophobia.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

JudgeDredd

Quote from: ghostryder on November 02, 2017, 07:09:29 AM
First off your premise and math is sorely off. That 5 percent was a generous number the gay community site often. the actual number is closer to 3 percent.--- why is that relevant and why is the agenda to have them included-whether it fits in with the premise of the show or not--is exactly to give the impression they are the norm. But 3 percent or even 5 percent isn't the norm is it? Thus this why the agenda is so apparant when one watches these shows. And pointing that agenda out DOES NOT make me homophobic-- it only brings focus to the PC tactic of name calling to silence the opposition---a regular occurance nowadays where you either shut up and don't speak your views or your some kind of phobic...I call BS.

Secondly if your going to say "there's 20 people on the show thus the gay stuff is okay" is totally intellectually dishonest. To get that 20 people you have to include the extras as there certainly isn't 20 main characters. But the show doesn't attempt to display the sexual orientation of the extras does it?...for all we know they all might be gay then? Of the main characters...and the second and third tier characters that have something written---the gay total...as usual...is hugely contrary to actual RL numbers--that's what makes the agenda stand out.

Thirdly..none of the above is even relevant to the premise of the show---a zombie show..but whatever...keep your political correctness rolling and don't forget the Aveeno :hug:
Why does it not fit in with the premise of the show? Are you absolutely certain there won't be any gay people if a zombie apocalypse occurs? I reckon there'll be more than your "inflated" 5% figure.

Perhaps you think they'll all be the zombies?

And it's not to make being gay "the norm"...it's to make it less abnormal. There is a difference

The "gay stuff" should be ok because - well - it should be ok. We're in the 21st century ffs and we should be showing more tolerance on all sorts of issues - including LGBT.

The reason it's in the show is to make it "ok" and help find more tolerance so these people don't have to hide in the shadows.
Alba gu' brath

bbmike

Quote from: JudgeDredd on November 02, 2017, 07:45:29 AM

And it's not to make being gay "the norm"...it's to make it less abnormal. There is a difference

The "gay stuff" should be ok because - well - it should be ok. We're in the 21st century ffs and we should be showing more tolerance on all sorts of issues - including LGBT.

The reason it's in the show is to make it "ok" and help find more tolerance so these people don't have to hide in the shadows.

+1.  O0
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

ghostryder

You brought the topic up. You bitched about the homosexual characters on the show. No one else was discussing it at all. You brought it up. Sorry if the rest of us don't share in your homophobia

Another clown putting words in mouth and labeling me. I never once bitched about gays. I "mentioned" the agenda but quite frankly you can't even say I bitched about that either--I just pointed it out and that it was present.

To Bayonetbryant---I know your bending over backwards to create an agurment here with that long list of long dead characters...but here's a clue...they're dead. there's no active story telling at present going on on the show although somewhere in your warped logic your trying to bring them back and make them part of the present. But since we are in the present....I'll still say it doesn't come close to 20....yet we have at least a 35 percent representation here of gays if not more.

Why does it not fit in with the premise of the show? Are you absolutely certain there won't be any gay people if a zombie apocalypse occurs? I reckon there'll be more than your "inflated" 5% figure.

Perhaps you think they'll all be the zombies?

Now here's a good post by a well thinking individual obviously not beating a political drum. My hat's off to you JudgeDredd. You've made a worthy argument and you didn't have to fish for long dead characters, put words in my mouth or call be homophobic.

So here's my reply: Sure there's gonna be some gay folks around. But that many? No...I think the number will reflect the number now. But that's a small point--your bigger point is "And it's not to make being gay "the norm"...it's to make it less abnormal. There is a difference" and that is a good one. I agree with it in fact. But there's a line where it gets overdone--and i think the line is crossed here. We're talking survival and what one might say during a fire fight...and I'm not just convinced in the heat of battle with bullets flying would one hear being said to female cast member "I know you loved her, but we got a job to do".

It's as rediculous as Rick saying...while chopping off the head of the enemy, "I really am in love with Michonne"---some things fit. This just doesn't and it distracts from the show...so I pointed it out. And that's all i think...pointed it out. But look at the mandy pandy crap that brought.  :crazy2:

People just seem perched to spew hate at every opportunity anymore even when there was not one smigeon of it anywhere in my post.

mirth

Quote from: ghostryder on November 02, 2017, 08:28:57 AM
You brought the topic up. You bitched about the homosexual characters on the show. No one else was discussing it at all. You brought it up. Sorry if the rest of us don't share in your homophobia

Another clown putting words in mouth and labeling me. I never once bitched about gays. I "mentioned" the agenda but quite frankly you can't even say I bitched about that either--I just pointed it out and that it was present.

You are the only person here who seems to think the show is promoting an LGBT agenda. You are the only person talking about gay characters being disproportionately over-represented. That doesn't make you some kind of champion of "truth". It just makes you a jackass.

mirth

Quote from: ghostryder on November 02, 2017, 08:28:57 AM
People just seem perched to spew hate at every opportunity anymore even when there was not one smigeon of it anywhere in my post.

Just bigotry and ignorance. 2 out of 3 ain't bad. I'm confident you'll get around to hate eventually.  O0

Steelgrave

ghostryder

Here's my original post:

he second episode clearly shows Gillian and crew can't tell a decent story. We still are wondering what happens with Negan and our idiot Gabriel-- and if I'm not mistaken the compound Rick and Daryll are sweeping for a weapons cache is the very same main compound they assaulted and withdrew from in episode one---leaving Gabriel with Negan surrounded by 1000 walkers-- as we clearly see Daryll opening his old cell and many bedrooms we've seen before in the compound. Supposively these weapons are present because of the same inside info given to them from the same inside source---whatever that guy's name is--that helped with elimating the lookouts.

Morgan and crew get mowed down by standing openly in front of a closed door they stupidly open...come on--even bad cop shows have the detective take cover beside said door before they open it-- but like --- the bullets magically bounce off Morgan and only kill his companions- even the high powered ones from an ak-47---and he gets up and can't empty his limitless pistol clip no matter how many people he kills.

The only dialogue we get the whole episode is between Carol and the King--- and that's basically this old Zoo keeper reafirming how his fantasy has become reality-- as we know Carol knows his secret that he just made the whole damn thing up-- and simply smiles throughout---she clearly likes this nutball---afterall he's less dumb than the garbage people we've yet seen this season---I would expect Rick and crew wants payback for that betrayal-- 

Oh, the real dramatic part was the gay guy getting shot...the one that is so insignificant I think he's had 3 minutes of airtime during his 3 season appearance. We also get some dialougue from the lesbo about her dead lover--so at least the LBGT community get's their lobbied agenda aired. Other than that one has to wonder what the hell the episode was about? Story never moved. Where's Carl and his girlfriend BTW? Never saw them. Rick's girlfriend was missing in action and i'm not remembering Maggie--- which BTW has been nothing but a fifth wheel since Glenn died-- the whole angle of her leading Hilltop- and Rick wanting to follow? Sorry-- it's a setup as she'll be the next main character off'd as she no longer really has a purpose and just reminds viewers Glen is dead.

I remember the good old days when fans talked endlessly about the characters and what might happen--now all we ever talk about is how dumb the scenes are and how out of character everyone is behaving. I wonder why I invest my Amazon money on it--it's now become like watching a crash scene on the interstate-where you just have to slow down to look.

Out of all that here's what's the focus on: Oh, the real dramatic part was the gay guy getting shot...the one that is so insignificant I think he's had 3 minutes of airtime during his 3 season appearance. We also get some dialougue from the lesbo about her dead lover--so at least the LBGT community get's their lobbied agenda aired. Other than that one has to wonder what the hell the episode was about?

Out of that line..which in context was in regards to what the episode was about--followed up by pointing out the story never moved--everyone extrapolates what? I hate gays. I'm homophobic, ignorant and the latest a bigot. All out of that one line surrounded by multiple paragraphs.

Really?

there's hate here for sure....but not in my post.

bbmike

I'm not sure I would have used the word "lesbo".  ::)
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

Steelgrave

Quote from: bbmike on November 02, 2017, 09:00:58 AM
I'm not sure I would have used the word "lesbo".  ::)

Yep....I had to roll my eyes at that one too.

ghostryder

Now we are grasping at straws here people. I never claimed to be Shakespear. I never even claimed I could correctly write a sentence for that matter.  I apreviated the word out of laziness..not bigotry. get a grip people. I mentioned it mainly to add weight to my main premise of the post. Nothing happened. It was an empty episode. Pointing out the LBGT was in fact me saying...."if you had to find any meaning in the episode at all you could point to that".

The negative infired here wasn't towards LBGT but to the overall lack of writing. And that is all it was. The rest was "created' by you guys.

mirth

Quote from: ghostryder on November 02, 2017, 09:11:14 AM
I never claimed to be Shakespear.

Or to know how to spell Shakespeare.

ghostryder