What are we reading?

Started by Martok, March 05, 2012, 01:13:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

mirth

No way I'm clicking that link.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

BanzaiCat

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

BanzaiCat

I just started Hell Divers II. The first Hell Divers was a post-apocalyptic story of awesomeness. So totally different than what you usually read.

bbmike

^I recall the first book in the Destroyermen series being pretty good but that's all I read.
The other series I've never heard of. And are you aware that it says there are 31 books in that series!  :o
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

BanzaiCat

Yeah, that's exactly why I'm considering it - it's longevity. Same with the Kirov series. Not sure I'm too hot on the premise for Book 1 of Kirov, but hell, the author of that and the Destroyermen has to be doing something right, right? If you liked Destroyermen, bbmike, I might give it a shot.

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

mirth

Gusington

I'm about to start Vampire Crusader by Dan Davis.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

BanzaiCat

I got about 85% through that first Destroyermen book last week. Extremely good writing, though it has shades of 'The Lost Regiment' in it. I expected a bit of that though it doesn't go to the extremes that Forschen did in his series. Though this has what, a dozen books in the series now?

mirth

Humanoid Lemurs vs humanoid Velociraptors doesn't go the extremes Forstchen did?

trailrunner

Picked this up at the Pentagon library.  After reading my Kindle for so long, it now feels odd to read an book with paper pages.

BanzaiCat

Quote from: mirth on September 10, 2017, 06:47:00 PM
Humanoid Lemurs vs humanoid Velociraptors doesn't go the extremes Forstchen did?

Insofar as building an entire military-industrial complex within the framework of the first book, no.