Russia's War Against Ukraine

Started by ArizonaTank, November 26, 2021, 04:54:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Sir Slash

You have to be tough to be a camel in Russia. You have to be CAREFUL if you are a sheep in Russia.  :HideEyes:
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

GDS_Starfury

Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.

FarAway Sooner

The goats' smaller cloven hooves slip into boots more easily that way.  But it's the tall goats who have to worry the most.

Those camels with their HEAT (Humpin' Explosive Anti Tank) weapons are tough.  I heard that the composite armor is hard to mount correctly but, when mounted correctly, it at least lets a Bradley survive the first camel attack about 70% of the time.

The camels will shred a Humvee, though.

JasonPratt

Oh, right! -- I forgot that the 'punch the camel and find out' video was from Russia!

Quote from: FarAway Sooner on February 13, 2023, 02:46:10 PMThe camels will shred a Humvee, though.

My current Sunday School teacher was a special forces communications regiment major during a lot of desert warfare in the past few decades before he mustered out, and I'll have to run this whole part of the thread past him next time I see him. He might legitimately have stories!
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

GDS_Starfury

is that the teacher you learned brevity from?

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

JasonPratt

Learning brevity!?!?
That soul of wit sailed away,
many years ago.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse

Windigo

Quote from: GDS_Starfury on February 06, 2023, 10:54:59 PMthe guy is a misinformation mouthpiece that does nothing but gaslight.
he should be called out as such.

Didn't that asshole suggest that Canada be taken over - on the flimsiest of pretenses? Like WTF?

That guy is payrolled by russians and I hope there will be a day that sees him behind bars.
Meanwhile Dominion Voting's case against FOX proceeds and God willing (the fair and just God), will bankrupt FOX and hopefully Murdoch too.
My doctor wrote me a prescription for daily sex.

My wife insists that it says dyslexia but what does she know.

Windigo

Quote from: GDS_Starfury on February 07, 2023, 08:58:50 PMI shit you not, Windy was msg me from Utah after he saw some A-10s playing overhead.  I told him not to fuck with any colored globes or cylinders he sees for exactly this reason.

LoL, keep that up Tucker. I was IN Tuscon... ARIZONA. And then outside in a nearby National Park... perfectly safe. The only brightly colored objects of suspicion I saw outside were boxes of *cough* authentic Chinese Jade.

Further, the only thing I saw from Utah, was several hot blondes who came into the booth looking for ammolite.

Oh and I want to say the people of Tuscon are friendly and polite as fuck.

Windigo

Quote from: GDS_Starfury on February 10, 2023, 08:29:42 AMfire tends to do that.

Anyone who doesn't know that obviously never overheated a cast iron frying pan over an open fire.

GDS_Starfury

opps, when you said A-10s my mind thought Utah.

JasonPratt

Meanwhile, some new advice from the US State Department: GTFO of Russia now, hurry!  :shocked:  :HideEyes:

https://ru.usembassy.gov/travel-advisory-russia-do-not-travel-february-12-2023/

I feel like this may not bode well.

QuoteA day after the State Department issued the warning that includes mention of the terror threat, Russia's Foreign Intelligence Service was cited by Russian state media as saying it has received "credible information" of an alleged U.S. military plot to recruit ISIS-linked jihadists to "carry out terrorist attacks in Russia."

The spy service claimed that 60 terrorists with combat experience in the Middle East were picked in January and are undergoing a "fast-track training course" at a U.S. military base in Syria, where they're being instructed in "subversive methods" and on how to make improvised explosives.

It claimed that "in the near future," small groups of these terrorists would be deployed to Russia, tasked with attacking diplomats, civil servants, law enforcement agents, and military personnel.

The State Department didn't respond to a request for comment by press time.

Kremlin spokesperson Dmitry Peskov downplayed the advisory, telling reporters in Moscow on Feb. 13 that the U.S. State Department's alert is "something we've heard in the past—it's not new."

The travel advisory level for Russia has been at level four, "Do Not Travel," since shortly before Russia's invasion of Ukraine nearly a year ago.

Relations between the two countries have slumped to their lowest point since the Cold War amid what Russian President Vladimir Putin describes as a "special military operation" to remove from power what he says is a "Nazi" regime in Kyiv that was becoming increasingly hostile to Moscow.

Peskov also addressed the warning to U.S. citizens that they might be conscripted and forced to fight in the war.

"The fact that citizens with dual citizenship are mentioned there ... these citizens for us are, first of all, citizens of Russia, regardless of what [other] citizenship they have," Peskov said, according to the Anadolu Agency, a Turkish state-run media outlet.

The spokesperson denied that a second round of mobilization was looming while also addressing the elevated terror threat in the context of Putin's public engagements.

"The security of the president ... is provided at the proper level, taking into account all the risks and dangers," Peskov said, adding that Putin's public appearances would not be curtailed despite the presence of a heightened risk of terror attacks, according to the Anadolu Agency.

Epoch Times reporting, sources for Peskov below:

https://www.anews.com.tr/world/2023/02/13/kremlin-says-us-calls-for-citizens-to-leave-russia-nothing-new

https://www.themoscowtimes.com/2023/02/13/us-warns-citizens-to-leave-russia-citing-draft-security-risks-a80208

The Russian FIS rumor (politely putting it) about ISIS-recruitment comes from TASS (as you might expect): https://tass.com/defense/1575451

Windigo

Quote from: GDS_Starfury on February 13, 2023, 06:43:34 PMopps, when you said A-10s my mind thought Utah.

TBH, having never seen modern submunitions other than on twitter, I wouldn't know one unless it said DANGER on it.  :Hug: 

JasonPratt

I don't know anything about "The Moscow Times", but goodbye to a (relatively) elite Naval infantry unit I guess!

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/elite-russian-marine-unit-massacred-near-ukraine-s-vuhledar/ar-AA17t1Ns?ocid=entnewsntp&cvid=d810e7ca1b814809b298c53ff2c0b741

QuoteAn elite Russian naval infantry unit made up of mostly mobilized troops has suffered a crushing defeat near the eastern Ukrainian town of Vuhledar, Russian mediareported Monday, citing one of the survivors.

The 5,000-strong 155th Guards Naval Infantry Brigade has been "nearly destroyed" after it lost up to 300 marines per day in Russia's assault on the coal-mining town, according tocomments by the Ukrainian defense forces to Politico on Sunday.

A surviving marine who spoke with the 7x7 regional news site said the losses were so severe that one landing assault company had only eight men remaining, while many others were taken prisoner.

"Those who survived were said to be deserters," the unnamed marine was quoted as saying, estimating the brigade's losses at 500 or more men killed.

Citing his commander, the marine told 7x7 that the brigade — nearly 90% of whom were recently mobilized soldiers — did not expect to return to Russia alive or unscathed.

"I wish I had been taken prisoner and never returned," he added, complaining about the officers' treatment of their soldiers.

The assault began on Jan. 23, the surviving marine told 7x7.

Russia's Defense Ministry claimed that its forces had "neutralized" Ukrainian soldiers and military hardware near Vuhledar last week.

That claim drew ridicule from Russian pro-war military bloggers for repeating the mistakes of past failed offensives and dented their belief in the military's capacity to mount a widely reported large-scale offensive.

The Russian Pacific Fleet's 155th Guards Naval Infantry Brigade made headlines in November after accusing its commander of causing massive losses in an assault near the eastern city of Donetsk.

Russia's Defense Ministry issued a rare statement at the time denying the unit's charges. The surviving marine told 7x7 on Monday that the brigade commander gave them a "strict reprimand" for airing its accusations in public.

The 155th brigade had to undergo three waves of restaffing after suffering defeats in Ukraine, Oleksiy Dmytrashkivskiy, the spokesman for the regional chapter of Ukraine's defense forces, told Politico.

The marine who described the assault on Vuhledar to 7x7 said his command was "bringing in new" soldiers, many of whom are killed on the battlefield.

The interview with Politico can be found here: https://www.politico.eu/article/russia-may-have-lost-an-entire-elite-brigade-near-a-coal-mining-town-in-donbas-ukraine-says/

FarAway Sooner

The historical conquests of Russia are watered with the blood of its young men.  They treat their younger generation the way many of us would treat hamburgers meat at a BBQ.  It's all about the end product.

I know little about the people or the culture.  But it seems to me that the pride the Russians take in their Patriotic Wars is both a tragedy and a travesty.

This time around, the only Nazis worth fighting are in their heads.