Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Computer Gaming / Re: Friday Kuba
« Last post by Tripoli on Today at 12:06:53 PM »
Field of Glory tournament, Dangerous Waters, Burden of Command work and messing around with Wildermyth.  Possibly working on the  "South Mountain" AAR in Scourge of War.

What unit are you using in Dangerous Waters?  I might be interested in doing MP with you on that if you'd like.  Maybe we can even get a few other Grogs involved and do a full blown combined arms mission?  But I'd have to brush up a lot before I'd be ready to cast off.  I've always wanted to get proficient in the Akula.

Are you using any mods?

Speaking as a former SWO, there is only one unit in Dangerous Waters that is even worth playing: the FFG-7   :)  Seriously, I would be interested.   I played a bit of Cold Waters, but it just wasnt' doing it for me.  I like the realism of DW better, even if the graphics are seriously dated.  I would be willing to try some MP using any platform.  Right now I've modded my DW installation using LWAMI, but would be willing to play using the vanilla installation.    However, I need to spend a week or so relearning the buttons.  A multi-Grog MP game would be fun, and I would definitely be interested in trying that.  I've never done MP in it before, so we might have to do a test run just to make sure we can.  We could possibly stream or record a MP game for the amusement of other Grogs.
Computer Gaming / Re: Friday Kuba
« Last post by Toonces on Today at 11:51:42 AM »
Field of Glory tournament, Dangerous Waters, Burden of Command work and messing around with Wildermyth.  Possibly working on the  "South Mountain" AAR in Scourge of War.

What unit are you using in Dangerous Waters?  I might be interested in doing MP with you on that if you'd like.  Maybe we can even get a few other Grogs involved and do a full blown combined arms mission?  But I'd have to brush up a lot before I'd be ready to cast off.  I've always wanted to get proficient in the Akula.

Are you using any mods?
Computer Gaming / Re: Rowan Comeback - Flying Corps
« Last post by Jarhead0331 on Today at 10:42:37 AM »
Rowan and its progeny are responsible for some of the greatest flight sims of all time. In addition to the Rowan line, i believe some of the main founders of Rowan eventually broke off and started DID, which brought us EU2000 and F22.  Late 90s and early 2000s were definitely the golden age of combat flight sims, although I'm hard pressed to complain with the glory that is DCS, but it would still be nice to have some other competitors for high end combat simming, especially in VR.
« Last post by Sir Slash on Today at 10:38:49 AM »
I well recall drooling all over those game boxes back in the day.  :dreamer:
Computer Gaming / Re: Share your Screenshots!
« Last post by Sir Slash on Today at 10:37:19 AM »
NICE Capn.  O0
Current Events / Happy Father's Day
« Last post by iemilyarden on Today at 09:52:27 AM »
 C:-)
« Last post by Gusington on Today at 09:13:09 AM »
^+2
Current Events / Re: Happy Fathers Day...
« Last post by Gusington on Today at 09:12:47 AM »
 :-[
Computer Gaming / Hex And Chit Wargame, from Zulu to Nam and Beyond
« Last post by MiniHexer on Today at 06:39:10 AM »
https://manyone88.itch.io/

A hardcore turn-based phased wego Hex%Chit Wargame. With Zulu, Nam, Wild West, Roman, Fantasy, Musket, ww2 and medieval Modules included. Its free and runs on any windows PC.

the game become much more complex because it It has , Large stacking up to 8 chit  hex with augmentations like MGs , Explosive , HQs, Hero's Leaders etc...  Each stack can attack upto 8 differrent targets, and target any of of a stack within a hex.

there are Terrain effects modifiers, Line of sight, complex states per chit,

it also has difficulty levels for either the A.I. or the player, and has a random game generator for endless play

It has  A.I. and a Hotseat game modes

« Last post by Tripoli on Today at 06:05:00 AM »
What a bloody waste of time.   ::)

My sentiments exactly.  A total C-Tease. 

I mean, I'd do bloody murder for a remaster of the Rowan games, especially MiG Alley.

Ditto.  I am surprised that no one has.   MA was excellent
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10