Main Menu

SpaceX

Started by steve58, April 13, 2015, 03:23:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sir Slash

And now the Elon-Haters emerge. I thought we had at least until dark. I'm sure Edison had to deal with the same thing.  :grin:
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

JasonPratt

Regardless of my beliefs and feelings about Musk, pro and/or con, this is also an impressive and important achievement.

(I couldn't find an actually humorous over-the-top image for 'musk' men's cologne, so please accept this tasteful substitute.)
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Sir Slash

Also can be used as Rocket Fuel in the event of an emergency.  :Party:
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

steve58

SpaceX has received FAA clearance for a 2nd attempt at launching their Starship.

"According to SpaceX, the company is looking to conduct its second Starship launch on Friday, with a launch window beginning at 8:00 a.m. ET — one they're hoping does not end as the first launch did with a "rapid unscheduled disassembly."

https://www.spacex.com/launches/mission/?missionId=starship-flight-2
Government is not the solution to our problem—government is the problem.   Ronald Reagan
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell  The truth is quiet...It's the lies that are loud.   Jesus Revolution
If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you're probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)

steve58

Launch attempt bumped to Saturday.
Government is not the solution to our problem—government is the problem.   Ronald Reagan
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell  The truth is quiet...It's the lies that are loud.   Jesus Revolution
If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you're probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)

GDS_Starfury

I hope it fails.
fuck elmo!!
Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.

Pete Dero

Quote from: GDS_Starfury on November 17, 2023, 04:41:43 PMI hope it fails.
fuck elmo!!

In a perfect world Starship launches and Mr. X explodes :evil:.

steve58

Starship launches, had succesful separation, but goes boom again.

https://www.cnn.com/2023/11/18/world/elon-musk-spacex-starship-launch-scn/index.html

GDS_Starfury

good!  while I want a robust space program I would rather it not be under the control of a super wealthy man baby.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Crossroads

I bet it was the Jewish Space Lasers 
Campaign Series Legion | CS: Vietnam 1948-1967 | CS: Middle East 1948-1985

CS: Vietnam DAR: LZ Albany as NVA (South Vietnam 11/17/65)  
CS: Middle East AARs: High Water Mark (Syria 10/12/73) Me vs Berto | Riptide (Libya 8/6/85) Me vs Berto | The Crossroads (West Bank 6/5/67)  Me vs Berto

Boardgame AARs: AH D-Day | MMP PanzerBlitz2 Carentan | OSS Putin's Northern War | GMT Next War: Poland | LnL Against the Odds DIY

Jarhead0331

Quote from: GDS_Starfury on November 18, 2023, 10:57:15 AMgood!  while I want a robust space program I would rather it not be under the control of a super wealthy man baby.

What a foolish attitude. Who's the baby, again?

Look at all the guy has accomplished in his lifetime. Now compare it to yours.  :uglystupid2:
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Pete Dero

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on November 19, 2023, 04:51:03 AMLook at all the guy has accomplished in his lifetime.

It's more about what he accomplished lately.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/technology/2023/11/17/elon-musk-x-companies-pulling-ads-anti-semitism/

A growing list of companies has suspended advertising from Elon Musk's social media platform X, formerly known as Twitter, amid the ongoing fallout over antisemitic content.

A report released Thursday identified several large companies — including tech firms, health-care organizations and sports teams — whose ads appeared next to pro-Nazi posts. The report by the left-leaning nonprofit Media Matters for America said the ads had appeared next to tweets that included memes portraying Nazism as a spiritual awakening and Adolf Hitler quotes.
Tech is not your friend. We are. Sign up for The Tech Friend newsletter.

A day earlier, Musk had tweeted agreement with an antisemitic conspiracy theory. In response to an X user who had blamed the rise in online antisemitism on Jews, alleging they promoted "hatred against whites," the billionaire wrote, "You have said the actual truth."

GDS_Starfury

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on November 19, 2023, 04:51:03 AMWhat a foolish attitude. Who's the baby, again?

maybe you should check out what hes been supporting and giving voice to.
Im also pretty sure having a family owned emerald mine backing my ventures would be helpful in funding new companies.
he didnt start Paypal, he didnt start Tesla and hes not an engineer with SpaceX.  hes an investor with a marketing team.
QuoteNow compare it to yours.
Im happy to say I havent lost 40+ billion dollars driving a social media company into the ground.  :Party:
is there a racist megalomaniac that you're not a fan of?

Jarhead0331

Quote from: GDS_Starfury on November 19, 2023, 09:26:17 AM
Quote from: Jarhead0331 on November 19, 2023, 04:51:03 AMWhat a foolish attitude. Who's the baby, again?

maybe you should check out what hes been supporting and giving voice to.
Im also pretty sure having a family owned emerald mine backing my ventures would be helpful in funding new companies.
he didnt start Paypal, he didnt start Tesla and hes not an engineer with SpaceX.  hes an investor with a marketing team.
QuoteNow compare it to yours.

Im happy to say I havent lost 40+ billion dollars driving a social media company into the ground.  :Party:
is there a racist megalomaniac that you're not a fan of?

This is so laughably absurd, it doesn't even brook comment. I mean really, you think I support "racist megalomaniacs"? Only someone so blinded by ideology would say something so stupid. Of course, you'll never know the truth, nor care for it, because your brain can't get passed what you read in the NYT and Variety magazine. Try not being a sucker for someone else's agenda with your morning coffee for once.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18