Huge Leap

Started by JudgeDredd, July 12, 2014, 09:53:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JudgeDredd

I have taken a HUGE leap - and bought myself a compressor, an airbrush and a shed load of Tamiya Acrylics!

I'm currently looking at all my stuff now and wondering what the hell I've done. So many things to think about in terms of order of processing...painting, priming, which primer, pre-shading, assembly!!

It's doing my head in.

One mistake I made...which I won't do again. I popped into the local hobby shop which I discovered and bought some Tamiya paints and a cheap 1/72 Revell model (£7) - a Thunderbolt (bubble) - in total spending £25. I realised later that I had forgotten primer, so I went back. I picked up another couple of 1/72 scale models for "practice", some more paint, sanding paper, modelling putty...bill came to £103!! Had a look and the two models I had picked up were, combined, £60+....I didn't look at the price because of the price of the Revell 1/72

I won't be making that mistake again. I didn't mind though so didn't say anything because BOTH those models were models I had looked at many times before and didn't pick up (Me262A-1a and a Mitsubishi A6M3 Zero). But I wouldn't normally pay that money for 1/72 scale.

I've registered at Britmodeller but can't post yet (even though I registered 3 days ago) so all my questions are going on SimHQ at the mo!
Alba gu' brath

GDS_Starfury

if its planes your playing with head over to Hyperscale.com
Toonces - Don't ask me, I just close my eyes and take it.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.