Main Menu

Helix

Started by BanzaiCat, November 19, 2014, 10:01:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BanzaiCat

I saw some of you saying you've watched this series but didn't see much discussion relating directly to it.

I noticed it on Netflix tonight and watched the first episode - holy hell that's some damn good story-telling.

Only two things about the show bother me:

One, the fat blonde woman is annoying. I get she's supposed to be, but she's trying to act annoying and salt-of-the-earth, but it's coming across completely bogus.

Two, how they can find an appendage missing on a person and question why...when the access chips are placed in people's hands...really, CDC doctorate-havers?

Anyway, it has my attention and I'll consume the entire season pretty quickly I think. Billy Campbell was a surprise and looking old as hell (he was The Rocketeer) but he's a good actor.

Staggerwing

I've watched the whole season except for the last ep. It gets... interesting.

*Semi-spoiler*: Jeri Ryan shows up about half way through.
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

Silent Disapproval Robot

I watched the series as well.  I wouldn't so much say it gets interesting as it gets retarded.

BanzaiCat

Hmmm...well, one man's  :crazy2: is another man's  :D.

I was really disappointed when SciFi (yes, SciFi, not "SyFy" because f that) dropped Eureka and after this epi, I was hoping perhaps they found another gem. I'll keep watching Helix and see how it goes.

TacticalWargames

If you have nothing else to watch then it's not to bad. Better than alot of sci fi rubbbish that gets spewed out.

Staggerwing

Ronald Moore is involved with the making of Helix so there is that.
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys