What food can you absolutely not stand?

Started by agrippamaxentius, August 06, 2015, 12:34:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bayonetbrant

Quote from: Centurion40 on August 11, 2015, 12:27:15 PM
I can't stand coconut.  It's like eating fingernails.

I'll defer to your culinary expertise on fingernails.
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

agrippamaxentius

Quote from: airboy on August 10, 2015, 10:42:02 AM
I'll try almost anything.  I like almost all food.

I've never met any form of meat that I did not like.

I like all grains, bread, etc...  - but they don't like me anymore with the diabetes.

About the only things I don't eat are raw cucumbers, green peas, raw onions, and oddly enough wine.  I can eat food cooked in wine, but drinking wine can make me sick due to my sulfide allergy.  Sulfides naturally occur in wine, and the sulfide content varies randomly from bottle to bottle.  So no wine.

I can drink any other form of alcohol - even Ouzo.
Interesting, I have this same sulfide reaction although not sure my allergy is as bad as yours. I generally get red cheeks, sometimes hives. I get a headache and indigestion. I don't get this with any other form of alcohol, even hard liqour. That being said I have had certain wines which did not give me this effect, so perhaps some wines have more sulfides than others.
https://www.youtube.com/user/AgrippaMaxentius For Scourge of War, Combat Mission, Ultimate General Gettysburg and countless others.

Boggit

The "skin" on custard or blancmange makes me want to heave. I've never liked it. :-X
The most shocking fact about war is that its victims and its instruments are individual human beings, and that these individual beings are condemned by the monstrous conventions of politics to murder or be murdered in quarrels not their own. Aldous Huxley

Foul Temptress! (Mirth replying to Gus) ;)

On a good day, our legislature has the prestige of a drunk urinating on a wall at 4am and getting most of it on his shoe. On a good day  ::) Steelgrave

It's kind of silly to investigate whether or not a Clinton is lying. That's sort of like investigating why the sky is blue. Banzai_Cat

bob48

Quote from: Boggit on September 20, 2015, 10:35:36 PM
The "skin" on custard or blancmange makes me want to heave. I've never liked it. :-X

Urgh! Just reading that made me want to chuck.............
'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

agrippamaxentius

Quote from: Boggit on September 20, 2015, 10:35:36 PM
I love that stuff, especially if its slightly burnt.
https://www.youtube.com/user/AgrippaMaxentius For Scourge of War, Combat Mission, Ultimate General Gettysburg and countless others.

avrotim

Cherries.  Something about the texture makes me shudder.  Black forest cake leaves me speechless with fear.  Although strangely enough I don't mind cherry Flavouring.

And Brussel Sprouts are just plain nasty.
currently working on: Crowbar, Thunder in the East, Attack of the 50 Ft Colossi
Currently building: nothing

Ubercat

"If you have always believed that everyone should play by the same rules and be judged by the same standards, that would have gotten you labelled a radical 50 years ago, a liberal 25 years ago, and a racist today."

- Thomas Sowell

Con

Zucchini and eggplant.  I had a flat mate in the U.S. Who was an ex viet nam vet who kept guns under his bed. He would make the disgusting stuff and I was so afraid of him when he offered it to me I would eat it while suppressing the gag reflex. Worst moments of my life.

Con

GDS_Starfury

Quote from: Con on October 01, 2015, 08:07:54 PMI would eat it while suppressing the gag reflex. Worst moments of my life.
Con

this is Mirths lot in life.
Toonces - Don't ask me, I just close my eyes and take it.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.

mirth

Quote from: GDS_Starfury on October 01, 2015, 11:38:44 PM
Quote from: Con on October 01, 2015, 08:07:54 PMI would eat it while suppressing the gag reflex. Worst moments of my life.
Con

this is Mirths lot in life.

You, on the other hand, swallow like a pro.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus