Bumper Stickers

Started by TheCommandTent, May 16, 2012, 07:31:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheCommandTent

This is the thread to post all those great bumper stickers you see when driving.
"No wants, no needs, we weren't meant for that, none of us.  Man stagnates if he has no ambition, no desire to be more than he is."

TheCommandTent

I'll start this off with the bumper sticker that gave me the idea for this thread. 

I saw this one driving home from vacation near DC.  I tried to get a picture but it was way to blurry.  However, I was able to find a site online that sells it.  When I saw it

I couldn't stop laughing, especially because the guy cut me off.  My wife just didn't get it.   ;D

"No wants, no needs, we weren't meant for that, none of us.  Man stagnates if he has no ambition, no desire to be more than he is."

Steelgrave

LongBlade

I saw one years and years ago on an old, beat up muscle car that said:

QuoteDon't laugh, mister. Your daughter might be in here.
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

bayonetbrant

reposting for bumper stickerishness

The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

bayonetbrant

favorite bumper sticker story...

going into a hardware store about 15 years ago in California, there was a beat-to-shit El Camino in the parking lot.  Rusted out holes in the rear side panels, cracked windshield hadn't been washed since 1982, etc.  There was a bumper sticker on it that said "My kid beat up your honor student".  Someone had taken a USPS shipping label, and made their own sticker that they stuck next to that one, and it read "My honor student blew up your car."

I smiled.
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers