28mm Mogadishu buildings ready for Hammerhead show

Started by nevermore, February 03, 2016, 09:40:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nevermore

28mm Mogadishu buildings ready for Hammerhead show

Decided to revamp all my old Mogadishu buildings plus create more for the game at the Hammerhead show this year, here is the first one i created, i have a playstation 4 and was gaming a titled named "Dying Light" the buildings in the game are fantasic and this is where i got my idea from.

Had a picture in my head no plans and took two days to create, its 28mm and is good enough to put on the tabletop, five floor hotel is next on the cards.

All foamboard, clay in bits and texture sand, cardboard for shutters

image hosting over 5mb

Again top is cardboard, bits of balsa and everything is glued together with Bostik, i think PVA glue for me is not as used as much anymore, Bostik is the way forward as it sets quickly.

how to screenshot on windows

"Dying Light " steel blue door, air conditioner, is balsa wood and placed around a square foamboard, oven grill is the mesh, lollypop stick for the boarded up inside window

uploadimage

Again the top corrugated cardboard,i did used PVA glue on these, what i did i gave it a support of cardboard underneath to give it strenght, just used scissors to cut it up and give it the damaged look.

upload image online

The front again, i liked the idea of the shutters slightly tilted giving it that crappy look that its needs forcing to lift it up.

gifs upload

From the side, plenty of cover for the "Skinnys" thinking of adding smoke coming out of the air conditioner, could be a place for "Mr White and Jess" lets get cooking.

free image host

Otherside

free upload pictures

Well pretty happy with the work on this one, just the groundwork to do around on the base and thats out the way.

Cheers Malc from the Victorian Outpost

bayonetbrant

The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus