IRL (In Real Life) > Tech Talk

Bitcoin Mining

(1/16) > >>

Staggerwing:
Does anyone her do it? Anyone tried it and gave up?

I know that for most folks it's not possible to make much money doing it without a big hardware investment but I'm curious if it's worth looking into for a little extra monthly income after purchasing one of the more moderately priced bitcoin mining rigs such as the Antminer. 

bbmike:
No one else will ask so I will. What the hell is that and what are you talking about?  :coolsmiley:

Staggerwing:

--- Quote from: bbmike on June 04, 2016, 03:13:48 PM ---No one else will ask so I will. What the hell is that and what are you talking about?  :coolsmiley:

--- End quote ---

https://www.weusecoins.com/en/mining-guide/

It's all a mystery to me as well but apparently it's the digital version of going down into a gold mine and bringing up more gold to make coins. In this case the 'coins' are Bitcoins, a digital currency comprised of encrypted blocks of information that can be traded and used as payments.

bayonetbrant:
I knew what he was talking about, but no, no bitcoin mining here.  Though that said, I might have to consider it given how many computers we've got laying around here.  Should be able to hook up t least 1 as an automated bitcoin miner and/or WOW grinder.

bob48:
I had no idea either, but one question; is it legal?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version