Six Days in October -- A "Le Vol de L'Aigle" Forum Kriegsspiel

Started by Cyrano, September 07, 2016, 09:22:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lancer4321

Okay, here's hoping that this works...  I'd like to sign up for this game. I don't own the rules but I'm familiar with the system and have participated in a couple VdA games previously (including one on this same 1806 campaign - I was Soult in that one). Willing to play either side, any level of command. Thanks.

Lance McMillan

Duke of Earl

Please include me in the Jena Kriegsspiel campaign if there are open slots still available. Are their online rules available? Regards. The Duke

Cyrano

Now we are getting a fine group indeed.

Welcome to you both.

Duke, are you by chance he who so regularly frequented the Austerlitz:NGV and Waterloo:NLB boards back a lifetime ago?
Sergeant at Arms of La Fraternite des Boutons Carres

One mustachioed, cigar-chomping, bespectacled deity, entirely at your service.

You didn't know? My Corps has already sailed to Berlin. We got there 3 days ago and we've been in the Tiergarten on the piss ever since. -- Marshal Soult, October 1806

Cyrano

As to the rules, a briefing sheet will be sent out to all participants.  This will be joined by unit cards indicating the troops commanded.

The author asks that the rules themselves not be shared so I honor this, but they're not particularly complicated.  Much more will be forthcomingt early next week when the rolls close.

I would like to have a few extras in case we have dropouts, but we're at an excellent number.

You didn't know? My Corps has already sailed to Berlin. We got there 3 days ago and we've been in the Tiergarten on the piss ever since. -- Marshal Soult, October 1806

Duke of Earl

Hi Cyrano. That wasn't me. There must be another Duke of Earl. Claims to aristocracy are not what they used to be :coolsmiley:

Hatricvs

I'm interested in giving this a go but I am unfamiliar with this type of game or rule set...happy to give it a shot if people are patient with those not in the know!

Lancer4321

So, what's the procedural format for this game going to be?

In the previous games of VdA which I've played, all in-game communications were routed through the umpire (generally via private e-mail) to ensure that an appropriately thick "fog-of-war" was maintained. Direct player-to-player communications (even when their in-game personnas were co-located) were strictly forbidden and there was no common forum (like this) where information could be openly shared. Are you planning to handle this is a similar manner, or do you envision a more open seminar/group methodology?

Cyrano

Lancer -- Strict communication through private e-mail will be the way of things.  Might as well book in that the address will be JenaCampaignATgmailDOTcom.  Pleased that was available.

I anticipate a brief period at the beginning for organization and coordination between the commander and subordinates -- planned course of action and all that -- after which comms go dark and everybody loses everybody else unless they're within 10km of one another.   This is, of course, entirely honor system, but, as there's greater glory in losing bravely than in winning knavishly, I should think that little problem.

The only thing I'm still working out with the management is how to provide a look in for those not playing on the game's progress.

Barthheart

Quote from: Cyrano on September 17, 2016, 01:48:19 PM
The only thing I'm still working out with the management is how to provide a look in for those not playing on the game's progress.

That may have to be honour system as well. I was planning on doing some kind of DAR while the game was going but it'll have to be honour system for others to not read it until the game is done.
Hasn't been a problem with other AAR's on  here... O0

Tobias Archer

Hi guys,
How many do want for this game?
Are you still interested in one more?
Thanks.

dom

Double Deuce

I'm volunteering my services a a reserve commander in case someone drops out. Either side is fine.

bayonetbrant

I'm volunteering to do absolutely nothing, except maybe occasionally read what's going on  :crazy2:
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Barthheart

bayonetbrant

Just consider me the equivalent of the Dutch at this point.
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers