"Six Days in October" -- Organizational Post

Started by Cyrano, September 19, 2016, 10:02:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MetalDog

Blucher reporting, sir!  Dental floss at the ready.  Where'd this tiny horse come from though?
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

BanzaiCat

Looks like I'm way too late to this party, but if you need another player for whatever reason let me know.

undercovergeek

Can I respectfully withdraw - I feel like an asshole but I've got a tonne of work stuff to do over the next month, shits got real and I need employees/menus/websites and equipment as soon as

JasonPratt

Yay, convenience! (Will miss Ugeek, but glad to have B_C vol in. As... {checking notes} ...Brassiere?  :o)

Quote from: Cyrano on September 26, 2016, 10:38:11 PM
MetalDog...saddle the hell up, brother.  You might well be going to Montana soon.

Note to corps commanders: if Blucher gets orders to deploy to Montana, LET HIM! The women there aren't very cute anyway, compared to Spain or Italy. (Although I will fairly consider evidence to the contrary.)

Remember, never interrupt an enemy when he's making an error.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

JasonPratt

Cy,

Have you covered supply rules yet? I don't recall them being explained....
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

BanzaiCat

Well...okay, Brassiere, boobyhead, whatever. If there's nobody else to take up the reins...

Cyrano

Well, well, well, sounds like UCG is OUT (never a worry, life is grim that way) and B_C is IN.  I will update the roster immediately, placing UCG in the reserve should he later wish to mobilize.

Re: supply:  The first volume of this series does not take up supply in the detail II & III do.  The argument from the author being these campaigns are too brief for supply to have a dramatic effect.  That said:

1.  The lines of communication for both armies will be clearly identified in the briefings and there will be an obligation to protect them.

2.  Each division has long supply trains that must be protected.  I may, in fact, inquire where they are in the line as appropriate.  Losing supply trains has a deleterious effect on morale.

Jim
Sergeant at Arms of La Fraternite des Boutons Carres

One mustachioed, cigar-chomping, bespectacled deity, entirely at your service.

You didn't know? My Corps has already sailed to Berlin. We got there 3 days ago and we've been in the Tiergarten on the piss ever since. -- Marshal Soult, October 1806

Cyrano

All right.  I'm locking the teams in and will be sending out the team e-mails shortly.

As I say, to the battlefield!

You didn't know? My Corps has already sailed to Berlin. We got there 3 days ago and we've been in the Tiergarten on the piss ever since. -- Marshal Soult, October 1806

Cyrano

Oh, hey, B_C, may I get an e-mail contact please to jenacampaignATgmailDOTcom?

Thanks,

Jim

James Sterrett

Quote from: Cyrano on September 27, 2016, 09:56:52 AM
2.  Each division has long supply trains that must be protected.  I may, in fact, inquire where they are in the line as appropriate.  Losing supply trains has a deleterious effect on morale.

Is that length covered by "add wagons", or something else?

Cyrano

@James:  A bit of both, though more the latter. Trains are calculated into the 500m/SP but then the non-French are further penalized by having their inefficient supply systems tacked onto the back of the divisions in the "add trains" calculation.

James Sterrett

Do we know the length of our division trains or is it mysterious?   :)

bayonetbrant

Quote from: James Sterrett on September 28, 2016, 09:57:23 AM

serious question:  did the commanders back then honestly know the lengths of their division trains?  or was it mysterious?  ;)
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

James Sterrett

Quote from: bayonetbrant on September 28, 2016, 10:22:11 AM
Quote from: James Sterrett on September 28, 2016, 09:57:23 AM

serious question:  did the commanders back then honestly know the lengths of their division trains?  or was it mysterious?  ;)

I'd guess they had a reasonable guess, but not necessarily more.

I'm not telling Cyrano which answer to give, I just want to know what I do or don't know, so to speak.  :)

bayonetbrant

The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers