Main Menu

Cold Waters

Started by Thomasew, September 28, 2016, 09:55:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mirth

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on June 05, 2017, 02:25:19 PM
I knew it. I just flippin' knew it.

Your lamb sacrifice failed!
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

RyanE

Quote from: RyanE on June 02, 2017, 11:22:24 AM
Even if this game is good, I'm worried the expectations might doom it.

First time in my life I have ever quoted my self. 

mirth

Quote from: RyanE on June 05, 2017, 02:43:38 PM
Quote from: RyanE on June 02, 2017, 11:22:24 AM
Even if this game is good, I'm worried the expectations might doom it.

First time in my life I have ever quoted my self. 

Do you have any actual information to indicate it is good? Or are just excited to be quoting yourself?
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

Tinkershuffle

I don't think CW has ever claimed to be a hardcore simulation. The devs said yesterday that the controls are WASD all the way but there's a chance that they might change it if the player base wants that.

http://steamcommunity.com/app/541210/discussions/0/1290691937722193565/

mirth

I don't think anyone was expecting or asking for a hardcore sim. Not manually driving the boat is not a hardcore sim expectation. You're supposed to be the Captain not the helmsman.

Jarhead0331

I think its safe to say the community will demand this change.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

mirth

The controls in the old Tom Clancy SSN game were WASD. Fun game for what it was, but very arcade-y.

Millipede

Thanks Toonces! I was ready to pull the trigger and thought I'd check the forum first. I'm on hold now :'(.

JudgeDredd

Yeah - thanks Toonces for taking one for the team.

I'm waiting patiently....... :-"
Alba gu' brath

Jarhead0331

Who am I kidding. I'm still going to get it as soon as I get home... :uglystupid2:
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

mirth

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on June 05, 2017, 03:24:53 PM
Who am I kidding. I'm still going to get it as soon as I get home... :uglystupid2:

We know.

mikeck

Too good to be true
"A government large enough to give you everything you want is strong enough to take everything you have."--Thomas Jefferson

JudgeDredd

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on June 05, 2017, 03:24:53 PM
I'll go down the bookies and pick up my winnings then (not that the odds were very good)  :2funny:
Alba gu' brath

mirth

If this were $19.99, I probably wouldn't care about WASD controls and no mission saves, but at $39.99 I do care.

Toonces

Nothing I listed up there are high expectations, Ryan.  The ability to dial in a course, depth and speed is pretty standard.  And saving mid-game is something people always gripe about.  And, considering how important periscope depth is, a key to drive the boat to it is kind of a given.

There seems to be a workaround for the course by setting waypoints, but I don't know if speed and depth can be set that way.

Maybe I'm wrong, though.  I'm hoping to hear some other impressions.  I have a very, very stong feeling, though, that the sub sim community is not going to like this at all.  I'm all for streamlining, but perhaps this is a bit too streamlined.
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs