"Six Days in October" -- Game Time Is...

Started by Cyrano, October 15, 2016, 11:18:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JasonPratt

Quote from: Cyrano on January 02, 2018, 01:35:20 PM
This, Sire, is your foot pillow.

Huh. I wonder what the W stands for. Winner? ;) (Surely not Waterloo!)

It would be funny if the W stood for someone or something he put the boot down on, so was commemorating that victory somewhere.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

panzerde

Pretty sure that's a "N" when you look closely. The left side of a "W" doesn't exist.

"This damned Bonaparte is going to get us all killed" - Jean Lannes, 1809

Castellan -  La Fraternite des Boutons Carres

JasonPratt

True, but I read it as W because (1) the letter is offset from center and (2) there's a tassel where the left point of the W would be (and which would thus center the W). Also (3) obviously the thing is worn and a line of the braid could be missing.

Also (4) the left point of the (apparent?) N happens to form what looks like a damaged short line (like braid is missing) pointing directly straight back up to the left tassel, at the same angle the right stroke of the N-or-W does to meet its tassel. It looks more like a left stroke of a W went missing than that a teeny cursive stroke of a N went missing. (Though I can see why that would be just as possible, too.)
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse

JasonPratt

While trying to find information on it from the museum (which I haven't succeeded yet, possibly because the card would be in German), I happened to run across this epic frontier Tennessean from the days of Andrew Jackson: William Napoleon Pillow

panzerde

Quote from: JasonPratt on January 02, 2018, 04:10:58 PM
True, but I read it as W because (1) the letter is offset from center and (2) there's a tassel where the left point of the W would be (and which would thus center the W). Also (3) obviously the thing is worn and a line of the braid could be missing.

Also (4) the left point of the (apparent?) N happens to form what looks like a damaged short line (like braid is missing) pointing directly straight back up to the left tassel. It looks more like a left stroke of a W went missing than that a teeny cursive stroke of a N went missing. (Though I can see why that would be just as possible, too.)

Yeah, looked the same to me. Maybe for Wagram? Given that Boney generally stenciled everything with an "N" though, I suspect it may be just old and shifted around.

Cyrano

The whole "W" thing is officially blowing my mind.

In any event, @Napoleon:  call your office.

Sergeant at Arms of La Fraternite des Boutons Carres

One mustachioed, cigar-chomping, bespectacled deity, entirely at your service.

You didn't know? My Corps has already sailed to Berlin. We got there 3 days ago and we've been in the Tiergarten on the piss ever since. -- Marshal Soult, October 1806

JasonPratt

Yes, thank you for holding the clock -- I was at the office and didn't check my mail until just now; also I needed to resolve the proximity of someone, which has been done.

Also I learned a new name, so I have that going for me.  :crazy2:

JasonPratt

I wish I wasn't so dang sweet, so dang sweet, so dang sweet; I wish I wasn't so dang sweet...

(Muted chorus of awe behind me) "You are like cinnamon..."

Regards,

Sassy Badguy

Cyrano

You didn't know? My Corps has already sailed to Berlin. We got there 3 days ago and we've been in the Tiergarten on the piss ever since. -- Marshal Soult, October 1806

JasonPratt

Cyrano

Game Time Is: 2200, 18th October 1806!

Busiest night of the game so far!!

AVANTI!!

JasonPratt

panzerde

dom

The fate of nations may be determined...

Cyrano