I don't ever want to do 1/72 vehicles again

Started by JudgeDredd, September 05, 2017, 12:51:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JudgeDredd

My daughters boyfriend bought me a 1/72 scale RAF Support Vehicle set for Christmas and I've just finished it. It's funny - because there weren't alot of parts, but it was more challenging for me than a 1/35 scale tank because of the size of the parts - eyes being what they are and fingers being what they are.

But I got them done. I didn't do any weathering or do anything in the way of touching up

I was especially lazy on the motorcycle - but my hands just aren't steady enough to paint something so small

The "glass" seemed to not like the Alcalad Semi Gloss I sprayed. I thought it might do the same as the Jonsons Klear I used to use - but no. I'll have to remember not to use this on clear parts

And for size comparison. Next time I get 1/72 vehicles I think I'll donate them to charity

Thank god they're done and out the way. Space 1999 Eagle next...I need something easy
Alba gu' brath

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

JudgeDredd

Thanks.

I'm starting to be more confident with the airbrush.

I've got some great kits to make - F-14, Sherman, Tiger, an aircraft carrier, the old and new Star Ship Enterprise, a helicopter (Lynx I think)....I'm looking forward to all of them!
Alba gu' brath